Visa Tracker - SC189

Thanks for your reply Andy.

Hoping for a grant soon. :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone,

As per the data we have, what percentage of total applications for Australia 189 visa are enrolled here? Do we have any estimate.

What I intend to ask is for example there are total 10 applications logged within any time period how many approximate applications (cases) are logged here so that we have a little more accurate estimate of what to expect in coming days.

Thank you.

Based on the number of ITAs last year (2016-2017) versus number of people lodged the visa and registered on the web-site, the sample is about 10% (+/- 1%). However, the sample is constantly growing.

Thank you for your response Andy. Also the reports on the website are pretty detailed.

I was just trying to figure out that if a person on a particular date is contacted/granted then after how many days another person would be contacted. Hence, this query.

As there is no fixed pattern, no timelines for grant after case officer contact.

Generally for 80% it is quite predictable, however, since May there has been a huge delay in the processing time and these has skewed the stats, you need to filter based on the last 5 months to get a more accurate picture.

The Grant date estimator is quite accurate for most…

all the best!

Thank you for your response Andy.

The most unpredictable is the time taken by case officer after uploading all the requested documents. There is no clue about what is happening and how much time will it take.

Hey guys I lodged my 189 visa on 31st August 2017 and still no CO assigned but I see that ppl who lodged after me are already getting CO and Grants… Is this normal and of so approximately by when can I expect CO or Grant

There is no sequence so to say… COs are moving through their “personal” case load, meaning that applicants who’s cases were allocated to a CO who had less load may get a quicker grant.

Moreover, most of the cases say ~80% go through same workflow, but, 20% deviate to a very long processing or very quick processing.

Use the Grant Date Estimator to have a clearer expectations when you should get your grant.

Hi,

Are there any statistics of applicants getting visa grant after receiving NJL? I got one and submitted my response on 8th September and have been waiting since then. It’s turning out to be a rather frustrating wait :slightly_frowning_face:

Nj letters are very rare, i maybe know of 10 cases in the past 3 years… so there is not much stats, however, the 10 cases i know of have been waiting for 6+ months after response.

Hi,

Just want to check what is the approximate turn around time after CO contact. I have lodged visa on 7 sept 2017 and uploaded PCC and medicals on 30 Sept 2017. However CO contacted for uploading the PCC for me and my partner on 4 Oct 2017.

I have re-uploaded the same on 4 Oct 2017 but have not got any contacts after that. So when can i expect grant and are there chances of CO contact again or they contact applicants after reviewing entire application?

Regards JSB

usually, after CO contact it takes 6-18 weeks to hear back.

I have submitted the application and uploaded the documents on 18th September. But haven’t heard back since then. No CO contact or Grant. Once the applications are submitted how do they get assigned to COs? Does points, job code etc matter during this process? Thanks for your help

Dear All,

When do the CO contact usually, when they find the first incorrect/missing document or they contact after reviewing all the documents of all the applicants and ask for only the incorrect/missing documents?

Also, does total points matter when CO assess the applications?

I uploaded the document I was asked for a month back, since then there has been no update. Hope to hear back from them soon.

There is no particular sequence, all cases are evenly distributed to Case Officers which work in teams, we assume, some teams are quicker than the others, but generally 90% get CO contact within 3-10 weeks or thereabout.

Points and rest of the qualifying characteristics play no role.

Usually, it is highly recommended to submit all documents upfront, as any CO contact will be an additional time factor.

Usually CO respond after 4-16 weeks after their initial request.

Thanks mate. Do we get to know when a CO has picked up a case or we get to know only when CO has made a contact or when a grant is made (if its direct)?

The latter, only if contacts you or makes a decision.

Thanks again. I have now been contacted for more evidence. I have attached the same in ImmiAcc and replied to the mail. Do I also need to update the status or something in immiacc? If yes pls advise how. Thanks

You need to press information provided button in myimmi account.

Good luck