Visa Tracker - SC189

That’s interesting indeed, i guess the reason is that those were quick direct grants, of those who were mainly onshore and waiting for quite a bit for an invite - so had enough time to prepare all the docs and frontload everything at the lodge… but lets see

Hey I’m onshore applicant. but based on the recent grant date, I don’t think they prioritise onshore applications.

Hi Jason,

I think it is very difficult to know what they are up to. All we can do is wait :slight_smile:

Cheers, Arvind

actually they do prioritize Onshore applicants if you see the history it has been faster for onshore applicants than offshore. some cases do take a little longer than usual though

Congratulations Manar, best wishes to you

you see, the average timeline for onshore is about half of offshore :slight_smile: on average!

1 Like

Hi all, I have lodged my visa application on 07 Sept’17 and I have few doubts.

1. What is the current time lapsed to get a CO?
  2. Do my current score of 70 have to do anything with my application scheduling in DIBP? I hope some of you might share their experience on my doubt.

Thanks in advance, Abhijeet Singh

1. Usually, CO are contacting within 2-6 weeks.
  2. No.

Hi friends,

When do you think I can expect a grant based on the details below:

ANZSCO Code: 233111 (Chemical engineer) Total points: 65 ITA: 20 September 2017 Lodged: 27 September 2017 Front loaded all docs, including PCC and Medicals

Kind Regards, R.

Please use the Estimator: https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/consolidated-visa-tracker-sc189/analytics/estimate-your-grant-date

Thank you Andy. How accurate is this calculator?

I would not comment myself, you can judge about the accuracy by comparing real cases.

So say, take 20 cases from Jan, Feb, March and April - 5 each, use the estimator tool for their lodgement dates and compare when they got a grant.

You will have an impression on accuracy.

Hi Andy,

I received Immi assessment commence mail from CO Adelaide on 27/09/2017. I am not able to change my status to ‘CO contacted’ for my case.

Moreover, I am able to see drastic reduction in Visa grants in past 2 weeks. Is it possible that others are facing similar issue of updating their status?

Or any other possible reasons for visa grant reduction?

Kindly reply.

Thanks

hey, you have not been formally contacted by the CO as far as i can understand - that’s just an email to notify you of a processing. So no need to change.

In order to change the status to CO contacted, you need to put a date for CO contacted field.

re-number of grants. DIBP would keep up the standard number of grants, in lines of 150-200 reported, or 1500-2000 grants a month real terms.

Thank you Andy.

Is there any specific timelines for the Visa grant once we receive the Immi assessment commence mail?

Thanks

Immi commence - has no impact.

The official processing times are around 12 months for 80% (or similar) of applicants.

However, the current average on the tracker is about 100-120 days.

Hi

I have applied for 189 Visa on 4th April and still awaiting grant. The employment verification got confirmed in Sep 2nd week.

7 months have already passed which is the standard processing time as per Aus website.

Any idea how to follow up for the case. They do not respond to email if it is regarding status enquiry I guess.

Hi Andy,

As per my emedical letter, the medicals were sent to DIBP on 11 Sep 2017. Since then, in Immiaccount, in the ‘View Health Assessment’ tab, the below message is being displayed.

" Health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person’s visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime. "

However, in the ‘My Applications’ page, the Health is showing as “Incomplete”. Also, the application is still in received status.

In the tracker, I see there are many people who have lodged at a much later date than mine have received direct grants. I too have submitted all the documents upfront. I am not sure if DIBP is randomly picking up the applications or on any priority basis.

Can you please help me out here? Am I supposed to upload the eMedical information sheet in the immiaccount for the medicals to be displayed as Complete?

They usually dont respond or send standard reply, the average wait after EV (employment verification) is about 16 weeks

hey!

The fact that you see: Health clearance provided – no action required, means you are good.

Why do you see incomplete in other views, it maybe a tech glitch, you can raise with DIBP support, but you seem to be ok based on the above status: Health clearance provided – no action required.

In terms of received and direct grants - not all applications are the same, there is no sequence as such, most get grants within 100 days, but not all, even for direct grants for % of applicants it may take a bit longer…