Visa Tracker - SC189

Visa Tracker SC189 - Australia Immigration and Visa Tracker for Visa subclass 189
1 Like
Guys leave comments!
how long is it taking these days for either CO contact or Direct Grant. I have uploaded all my documents upfront, so i am hoping to get direct grant
About one week since I have lodged my application.
it has been 10 days for me
I finished my medicals after CO contated & uploaded all my docs on 15.09.16. 189 Visa status show 'Lodged'. Any idea how long it takes to be Granted?
No sure when will be granted after CO contacted...upload parter's pcc and form 80 on 22 of September
i submitted embassy fee and uploaded all documents alongwith medical on 16-sep and my status says recieved
I see few applicants getting direct grant with in a week or so. I understand people have uploaded all the docs and their application is in perfect shape to make a decision. Rest of the applicants (> 80%, if I am not wrong) waiting for weeks/months. Some of them not even contacted by CO, some of them has been contacted and requested for additional docs and uploaded the additional docs.My question is, do they follow any order to grant visa? If they really do, there are so many applicants in the queue who have submitted all the documents and still waiting for months for the decision to be made. Long pending applicants will go thru lot of stress. I think they should process based on waiting period. If there is no application is ready to make decision, then look for direct grants ignoring applying dates. My understanding may be wrong. Please share your views.
I think it depends on cases. If your case is simple,like not claiming any point for work experience, and not bringing any partner, I think it will take a short time to get your grant. But if your case is complex, it will take longer period to wait for the decision.
I think there are other factors involved too, it is not that simple, other factors may include but not limited to country of current residence, travel history, etc but getting direct grant in 8 days is surprising, i myself have uploaded all documents upfront and it has been 10 days but i haven't been contacted by CO. my status still shows " received"
Well I could if I do not bring my partner I would receive direct grant in a week, because my CO asked my partner to upload form 80, enlglish test and pcc in a week after I lodged all my documents
in my case, i am not even married yet, so i assume my case is simple
Or maybe depends on points? I have 75 in general accountant with 20 points in English. I know some people who have 75 with 20 English point with a partner granted in 20 days even if he claim points from partner. And it seems that applicants whose job code is accountant get their grant within 2 months.
Its been 50 days since i reponded back to CO since then my app status is "assessment in progress". unfortunatley my application went to brisbane gsm. Points doesnt matter once u get invite. I have 70 points i am in australia working from past 1 n half year. They should either process applications based on points or waiting time.
I heard for form 80 is not asked for everyone. Why do they ask it for some people?
anyone who applied through agents, were asked for form 1193? and also is there anyone who just got the CO name and position number but not the CO Team
I uploaded all documents upfront including form 80 and 1221. I have not been contacted by any one and my application status is "received". I checked DIBP website and found that Status " assessment in progress" is only written when case officer asks for any additional documents , otherwise status changes from received to finalised. Anyways i was contacted by skill support to filll in some missing information on form 80. Anyone had such an experience.???
I think process is that case officer receives all documents and checks for completeness i.e satisfies if sufficient overseas employment etc evidences are provided and forwards the case to skill support for scrutinising the form 80 and 1221 and completing all necessary information included in said documents for smoother processing of case. After completing the forms they are sent back to case officer. Who then again verifies all claims made in application and also waits for external/internal clearances. Once all clearances are obtained then case is forwarded to immigration minister who gives the final approval. i think this makes sense
Reasons for delay can be following a. External clearances b. Overloading factor c. Complication in case such as verification of work experience especially if claimed from working in unknown firms d. huge number of sibling and dependants( which require extensive scrutiny) e. Residing in many cities/ countries ...these all factors are mostly related to clearances ..and i dont blame DIBP .