Visa Grant Delay 189

Apart from FBI pcc, you will need a local/state PCC as well. Do it asap and upload it without any delay.

Congrats. My lodgement date is 9 days later than yours. Hope I can share my timelines very soon.

2 Likes

No Sishir, still waiting for any update

Iā€™m also based out of USA and I uploaded FBI PCC into the National PCC section. WIll it be a concern? Do I need to re-upload the FBI PCC under FBI section?

I donā€™t think so as they can go through all the documents under ā€œCharacter, Evidence ofā€ and figure out which one belongs to state/local/fbi etc. I have merged India PCC, local US PCC and FBI pcc into single pdf and uploaded under ā€œFBI Clearanceā€ document type. i have kept file name as <MyName_MostRecent_NonExpired_PCC_combined.pdf> . Lets seeā€¦ Main concern is that you should have all three available under ā€œCharacter, Evidence ofā€ .

after 60 days of invitation, if we not submit application with in 60 days than more 60 days given than after its expire.

This is the Response i got from ombudsman.

Remember I didnā€™t contact DHA GFU deliberately so that it doesnā€™t go negative against me. Some clients got harsh responses after they contacted GFU. A friend of mine even got Natural Justice Letter.

Dear Mr Aktar,

I refer to your online complaint dated 22 December 2019 about the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs).

I have considered your complaint and have decided not to investigate it. The Ombudsmanā€™s Office generally declines to investigate a matter until it has been raised as a formal complaint with the agency involved. This provides the agency with an opportunity to resolve the matter first and we have found it is usually a more efficient way of resolving a complaint.

The information you have provided does not indicate that you have raised a formal complaint with the Global Feedback Unit (GFU). The GFU is Home Affairsā€™ formal complaint handling area, and it can be contacted by phoning 133 177 or via its online feedback form. The GFU will generally respond to complaints within 15 business days, after acknowledgement.

If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the GFU you are welcome to return to the Ombudsmanā€™s Office via our online form with the following:

ļ‚· The date you lodged your complaint with the GFU

ļ‚· Your complaint reference number

ļ‚· A copy (or details) of the GFUā€™s response

ļ‚· A summary of the reasons you are dissatisfied with the response.

As the above option appears available to you to pursue in the first instance I have closed your complaint and a copy will remain on file.

Unless you are responding to a request for information made by the Ombudsmanā€™s Office within the timeframe specified please do not reply to this email. Any emails sent to this address which are not a response to a request for information are unlikely to be responded to. If your complaint is closed and you have new information to provide, you can submit a new complaint using the contact details on our website.

We are working to improve our services to you and have engaged Customer Service Benchmarking Australia (CSBA) to survey people who have contacted the Office about our performance. Completion of the survey is voluntary and any information you provide will be kept secure and confidential. If you do not wish to be surveyed, you can let us know by replying to this e-mail.

Yours sincerely

Cynthia

Assessment Officer

COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN

Phone: 1300 362 072

The Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past and present.

COMMONWEALTH OMBUDSMAN - IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail message or an attachment to it is confidential, and it is intended to be accessed only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. No use, copying or disclosure (including by further transmission) of this message, an attachment or the content of either is permitted and any use, copying or disclosure may be subject to legal sanctions. This message may contain information which is:

• about an identifiable individual;
  • subject to client legal privilege or other privilege; or
  • subject to a statutory or other requirement of confidentiality. If you have received this message in error, please call 1300 362 072 to inform the sender so that future errors can be avoided.

why did you go to GFU, i mean for what reason? Delay in processing applications?

i didnā€™t go to GFU as yet, read my post carefully Sir.

Hi Roomi,

I think Vivek wants to know the reason for contacting Ombudsman directly. Was this for delay in processing application or else. Inbox me your number as well if possible

3 Likes

This is something published in expat forum by one of the users, copied as isā€¦

For those who are interested, here is the details of 189 applications filed and granted in the year 2019 January to 31 October 2019).

Approximately 5% of these numbers are reflecting on immitracker.

I did my own assessment for my 189 application based on these numbers, you can use this data for your application assessment

Activity Month Total ā€” 31/01/2019 3,343 28/02/2019 2,411 31/03/2019 2,432 30/04/2019 1,132 31/05/2019 425 30/06/2019 111 31/07/2019 474 31/08/2019 435 30/09/2019 212 31/10/2019 485 189 Skilled - Independent Total 11,460

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) (Points tested [stream] visa applications granted from 1 January Activity Month Total 31/01/2019 3,517 28/02/2019 3,657 31/03/2019 4,688 30/04/2019 2,890 31/05/2019 3,037 30/06/2019 2,433 31/07/2019 1,363 31/08/2019 230 30/09/2019 79 31/10/2019 84 189 Skilled - Independent Total 21,978 Note 1: Includes primary and secondary applicants

Hey, did you fill the form 1436? Also when did you lodge the application. I think we are in similar situationā€¦

Any 189 grants today?

Two grants and one co contactā€¦

Hi Vivek_M

Where do you get this info. The grants are for which dates?

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1493686-189-visa-lodge-grant-2020-a-new-post.html#/topics/1493686?page=4

Myimmitracker.com

Am on the same boat, waiting since Nov 2018. Please reply if you get any update on your application.

1 Like

Congratulations! Could you please update your case in the immi tracker?

Nothing yet Sishirā€¦ @All : Who all are pending now/ waiting since 2018 ? Please respond, asking just info.