Visa Grant Delay 189

iscah said by 10th Nov there are 12000 cases on hand. Which means there is a decrease in backlog and they have been working on it in the past months.

I saw that on their website after your post. However, I couldn’t find anything on FOI disclosure logs published by DHA. Meanwhile, I’m expecting an update form DHA to know the no. of applications on hand for 189 PTS stream and NZ stream. When we compare that with the May backlog, we would get an idea about the percentage of decrease in backlog from May 2019 to date.

1 Like

one thing we suppose to notice is that we know the backlogs till last May 2019 but does anyone knows for sure that DHA has not or has issued grants in June 2019 which is part of last financial year 2018-19? If they have issued then the backlogs of last financial year can still be reduced further from 15719 or if they have not issued then there will be increase to 15719?

DHA has provided grants generously until July 2019 
 Immitracker has the sample grants for example

Yes you’re right but my point is different. Why DHA is issuing so many invites when they have a cap of 16K in the first place? As far as March-April applicants go, DHA might start issuing grants in next few months may be in Jan 2020. But this is my assumption.Also out of 2800 invites there might be certain percentage of COs and they will go back in queue because the applicants are obligated to provide additional information.

DHA has always followed this trend on inviting applicants irrespective of the cap to keep their pipeline of applications strong. One reason is that not all applications are decision ready at the first place. Another reason might be to use 189 visas as a substitute if DHA haven’t received the applications for state/ regional sponsored visas as anticipated. On top of this you have the reservation for NZ stream as well. So it’s a close call. Let’s wait and see.

1 Like

me also lodged on 9th nov 2018

you both guys have a co contact or not.

i received CO contact in July, which i responded swiftly, and now case is in FURTHER ASSESSMENT.

After 8 months co contracted and purpose of contact your occupation and points please how manys day in total co contacted you.

Has there been any grants that we know of since the processing time reduction?

There is 1 grant reported in immitracker for 23 may 2019 application. N i came to noe that some people received grant on 20th of nov who were jan n march applicant

I was wondering why DHA changed processing time to 12-20months, just to stop us calling them? Maybe someone is right, they may just finalized some cases that in the edge of the 12 months processing time last month, so they changed the time, but this doesn’t mean that they are processing March or April applicants. 12-20 months is just a number game as March or April applicants have only waited for 8 months.

Yes!! An offshore applicant who lodged on 23 March, 2019 received grant today.

I applied Nov 2018, I wonder how they prioritize grants.

Don’t worry. You will get your grant soon since the processing time has been reduced to 12 months.

One Direct Grant reported!

Is it the 23 March one or some one else as well?

yeah thats the one

New to the forum, applied 7th March 2019
still waiting