Visa Grant Delay 189

Yes…just hope to get grant in this year?

That also depends on the occupation I believe

March applicants are like cat on the wall. Our grants will happen in this Program year 2019-20, if there is availability out of 16k places. If DHA meets 16k grants just with the applications lodged until Feb 2019 and applications lodged under NZ stream, then we need to wait for next program year.

1 Like

I am in IT, and my lodgement is 24th Feb.Hope so.

Migration planning level always talk about the no of places available for a visa in the Program year. Department never commits for the no of grants they are gonna issue in a certain program year. So, the 16k denotes the no of places available for 189 in this program year. DHA doesn’t need to tally the no of grants and invites as it’s not a mandate for them. DHA always adjusts the no of invites according to the no of applications that they already have in the pipeline. So there is no fixed amount grants to be issued by the department in a program year.

DHA decreased the processing time to 12-20 month. So, they must be looking to issue grants to March April folks. If they have a cap of 16k then they shouldn’t be issuing more than 16k invites as simple as that.

2 Likes

I really hope so, but realistically I would bet on Jan end for March applicants if things are rolling smooth (taking xmas break into account department has very few days left this year ). My lodgement date is 19th April. :slight_smile: The only thing I hope is that there should be no CO contact, otherwise its a massive delay on top !

1 Like

16K is the Maximum target which they have set, it could easily be less but surely won’t exceed.

We have applied in Dec 2018 , further assessment status. two CO contact- all documents provided.

Honestly I feel processing time is super misleading. it changes every month. A range with such a huge gap, then the 75% and 90% thing where the quantity of application is evolving throughout so you don’t have a clear picture. Say there are 100 applications pending today, so 75 will be processed within 12 months and 15 more in next 9 months. (Before we even start to calculate our expected date, all the above numbers are changed) I would only believe that things are happening when few people from this group gets grant :grimacing: Processing time is an infinite circle, in my view it should not even be displayed as there is nothing constant in that piece of brain damaging data…

Exactly! when I submitted my application it was 6-8 months, (If we consider that I and many people in this group should get grant by now) by the time I complete 8th month to approach DHA. They changed 9-11 months, after that 11-22 months and 18-30 months! this is the first time it reduced from past one year 12-20 months. So with this current scenario we cannot ask DHA the reason for delaying. They are publishing processing time in a safe manner, so the number raising request asking delay should reduce. Still if someone contacted them, they get general response. Few guys mentioned their experience in this blog.

Now since the processing time has been reduced. It’s a positive development for those waiting for more than 8 months for PR Grants. As the processing time is reduced by 6 months. This only suggests the backlogs has been reduced significantly. This is my assumption.

1 Like

189 Processing times reduced to 12 months for 75% and 20 months for 90%" I was also quite surprised to see the reduction in processing times, given that we are not aware of more than a handful 189 visas being granted recently. My thoughts? That the DHA has identified certain cases that had an impact on the processing timelines, i.e. the ones that were really overdue, and has finalised these. This then had a positive adjustment on the processing timelines. Another observation from Immitracker…even with the recent bigger grant in November, that the number of people filing their 189 visa applications have remained low. It may be that people have started to realize that the 189 world is not a happy place to be currently and is avoiding making their applications…looking for alternatives…which is exactly what DHA would like to happen

1 Like

This is something i got to see in other forums. This could be true

Decreased processing time reflects that in October 2019, DHA has been dealing with the applications that have been lodged in the past 12-20 months, which is an encouraging sign when compared to previous processing timelines 18 - 33 months. However, as on May 2019 DHA had 15,719 applications on hand (including primary and secondary applicants). On top of that, they have issued 2800 invites until Oct 2019. These invites may turn into at least 2800 applications (some invites might go unused but the used invites may contain primary and secondary application). So, this adds up to 18,519 (15,719 + 2,800) applications which is 1,867 (18,519 - 16,652) applications more than the cap for program year 2019-20. DHA might issue some more invites from Nov 2019 - Jun 2020 as well. So, now tell me whether the no. of invites has exceeded the cap or not for this program year 2019 - 20. :slight_smile:

Yes, you are correct. DHA can issue maximum 16,652 grants for 189 PTS and NZ stream. They cannot issue grants more than this unless additional places gets allocated for 189 subclass as it recently happened for the newly introduced Regional visas which got 2000 additional places borrowed from 189.

You mean to say, they should clear application loged before May2019 by june 2020…along with rest of application till total reach to 16652?

Yes… if all the applications lodged until May 2019 are granted 100%, then there would be 15,719 grants already. In addition to that, DHA can provide 933 grants (16,652 - 15,719) before Jul 2020 to meet their cap of 16,652 grants this program year 2019-20. However, it’s not possible that all applications lodged until May 2019 would be granted 100% as some applications might be delayed due to CO contacts. In such scenario, CO’s might move to next applications in queue if DHA desperately wants to meet the cap. Moreover, 189 NZ stream applicants doesn’t need to go through the invitation process like rest of us. They can apply for 189 NZ stream directly if they satisfy certain conditions. I’m not aware if they have certain no. of places reserved within 16,652. The more the no. of places reserved for 189 NZ stream applicants, more delay for 189 PTS stream applicants like us.

Yes, they will mislead as they are not an indication for future processing. They are an indication of how the applications were processed in the last month. Though we may think that its not pretty insightful, the purpose of these timelines are entirely different. Suppose that your application is in processing for 21 months now which is more than the published processing time (12-20 months), then you can immediately escalate this to the department and bring it to their notice. In past, department has taken this as priority and worked on such cases.

I have noticed thatvthe processing time for 190 is increased to 9 to 10 months from 7 to 8. So is it like now DHA has decided to give some priority to 189.? Because as per the trends of November till now 90 grants have been provided to 190 applicants and 189 are still leuring at 4.