Visa Grant Delay 189

hang in there mate, also waiting since 11th

Please advise,

I had to apply for student visa because my TR expired before I could get invitation from DHA for 189.Now due to single points and my age reaching 25 I have got extra 15 points and I am hoping get the invitation this December. So in this case, if I get invitation and apply for PR, do I have to still continue my study and work only 40 hours fortnightly or I will have unlimited working rights and not study.

Please help.

As long as your student visa does not expire, the bridging visa will not get activated. I am not sure if you can cancel your student visa and go on active bridging, better check with an agent. So as long as you are on your student visa your limit will be 40 hours a fortnight.

I submitted my visa application on March 31 2019 and since the processing time is reduced to 12-20 months. Can I expect the grant by end of this year or in Jan 2020? Please guide!!!

Letā€™s expect a grant within this year! Stay positive:wink:

2 Likes

Finally a Direct Grant in march listā€¦So happy to see a Direct Grant for a March applicant!!

4 Likes

Any idea what is the date of entry being given to a few of those who are getting a grant ?

Not this year and just as unlikely for January (everybody will be on Christmas and summer holiday break) - lets hope for first half of 2020

DHA will be working till Dec 23 this year.

1 Like

Will be some Skeleton staff sure but wonā€™t be close to 100% capacity for at least 2 weeks

One applicant who lodged application on 23 March 2019 got Direct Grant yesterday(21 Nov). There is still sometime for 2020 :slight_smile:

Yes :slight_smile: But if I am looking at Grants overall, and the slow tempo, then if I was a betting man I would not bet on it. But some people also win the Lottery so stay optimistic :slight_smile:

Still waiting for the grant. Application Lodged in Sep 2018 ā€¦ Any idea, how soon can I get the grant ?

Any CO contact?

Yupā€¦3

Why 3 CO contacts? Please share each CO contact additional document requirement?

Has there ever been a slow down in 189 visa grant history? If there has, maybe we can work out when they will start granting 189 visas more regularly, or is this the first time in 189 history that DHA have slowed the grants down? What is the point of the EOI and invite process if they donā€™t start granting soon? I thought the reason was to control the number of applications coming in?

in 2017 the first three months in the new financial year saw a similiar trend. Very high backlogs, few invitations and new grants, most of the grants were given to those in the backlogs. Then four months into the new financial year all the backlogs were almost cleaned hence the new grants started to proceed.

But I dont think 2017 and this yeay is comparable as we the 189 quota halved, and we have a new, top priority visa stream 491

Once the 491 started to roll out in nsw, i guess most of the co would be working on 491 grants instead of 189 for sure. So it is impossible to see 189 to speed up again i guess. The best we can see is that 189 remains around 11-18mths processing time, but itā€™s just me

1 Like

me too, got 1 co contact. what about u broā€¦??