Visa Grant Delay 189

Anyone related to the topic can do it. So you can!

I’m sure most applicants want to get their visa rather than a refund as many may have been on this process for years and also living in Oz for years

Unfortunately doing that will just get your submission ignored. As a senate inquiry, it has Terms of Reference: Terms of Reference – Parliament of Australia (aph.gov.au). The committee is particularly interested in submissions that address these particular items:

1. The purpose of the skilled migration program and whether it is meeting its intended objectives, including: (1a) if any immediate adjustments are necessary in the context of the future of work and pandemic recovery, and
  1. Australia’s international competitiveness in attracting entrepreneurs, venture capital, startups, and the best and brightest skilled migrants with cutting edge skills;

And all the rest are just all about businesses and how easy or hard it is for them to bring in immigrant visas.

They don’t want to hear from us applicants, it looks like the only thing they’re trying to do is open up more rich person visas. Sigh.

2 Likes

First grant of 2021 reported on the tracker.

A drowning man will clutch at a straw.

2 Likes

Processing times changed to 6-17 months.

Even though it doesn’t make much sense

1 Like

Processing time is actually very misleading as it gives an impression that 75% of applications submitted 6 months ago are finalized now or 90% of the applications submitted 17 months ago are finalized, which definitely is not the case. This seems just a marketing spin. It should be termed as ‘Processing time for cases decided in last 30 days irrespective of total lodgements’…

3 Likes

I totally agree with you. the grants reported in the last month were in that time frame. So processing time is the age of processed files in the previous month.

1 new grant reported in " Consolidated Visa Tracker - SC189" tracker.

2 Likes

2 new grants in 2021 both were submitted within 1 year. Their documents may still not expire which are easy cases to be picked up. But anyway, hope there will be grant for older cases.

1 Like

Make it 3 grants!! One more reported today 2020 case though

I think your theory is correct. another grant reported from 2020

Hi guys, Just checking is ICT regarded as critical sector? I saw somewhere that ICT is one of the critical sector and within ICT the PMSOL includes 261313 Software Engineer.

In gsm no reply email the department mentioned they are processing SC 189 applications in critical sector as a priority, do you guys recon 261313 qualify for that?

same here… I too fall in critical skill sector but still around 700 days passed

They’re all offshore grants as well :thinking:

is possible for dependent to come on tourist visa and later raise BVA from onshore while waiting for grant ?

2 Likes

A friend of mine got her 189 grant last week. Inv rec - March ,2020. Onshore Direct grant.

She applied in 2613 code I believe (says applied somewhere on lines of software quality assurance).

Not sure if this helps as I am waiting since jan 2020. Co contact - feb 2020 (overseas PCC and submitted same day)

3 Likes

Nothing is predictable. Hope for the best. Im waiting at onshore for 261313 since july19 without any contact

Wow. That’s a pretty long wait! There is no criteria when an application is picked up. People who lodged after got theirs already.