Visa Grant Delay 189

They are planning to be away for about a year. They may be getting their grant within this time as they applied in March 2019.

Everybody circumstances are different. His grant may be on the way shorter than others.

Hi I am also in bridging b applied in feb 6 2019 Got first query on may 6 2019 co asked for medicals I submitted in 2weeks because my medicals expired after that again sep1 2020 i got second query co ask to submit AFP and Medicals I submitted in oct 2020 one week before 2nd query I got mail that department of immigration has verified my pte test result

I haven’t got any co contact since my application lodged in 18 months ago. Hope they give you grant soon.

thanks, your advise very helpful!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Has anyone applied for an exemption to travel and come back on compassionate or compelling reason? If so then were there any issues traveling back?

Thanks in advance for your response.

they wont grant you exemption unless you work full time in medical industry. for compassionate reason they only consider death of really closed family member. Anyway you can apply and see the outcome. it is free to apply travel exemption.

guys…one quick question ,as we all are waiting for 189 from more than 19 months (majority) and there is not any hope until end of FY. i hv decided to lodge 186 also,…but can anyone let me know, what is the actual processing time (one on immi website shows 6-10 months depend on type). but if some of your friends get 186 recently…can you share me their actual time line…’’

i heard from someone, its coming in 2-3 months

We all are waiting for grant but I managed to get new good Job on BV. During my experiance none of employer had any issue as BV has unlimited workauth condition.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Migration/SkilledMigrationProgram

Your chance to describe your pain, struggle and loss in this torturous wait game called ‘WaitForGramtnt’. An enquiry has been requested by Australian MP. Please do make your submission.

1 Like

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Migration/SkilledMigrationProgram

1 Like

This is exactly what I was about to post. Let us all send our opinion to the government about the torturous waiting period for grant.

Does someone have a format for submission ?

Hi Folks, I need your suggestion and guidance.

I am waiting for my 189 and 485 (post study work stream) visa applications to be processed since last two years. This week I am offered a job in Western Aus. along with a nomination for Medium stream 482 visa. Tell me what should I do, should I withdraw my 485 application and apply for 482 or should I just put in my “third” visa application without withdrawing any of previously submitted ones?

Hey, I just sent a letter explaining my painful wait and impact it has on me and my family’s life. How our lives are on hold and they keep giving us generic advice and no hope from the Department. There is no format. Just explain briefly your situation. Everything counts I think.

1 Like

If you are in Australia, why can’t you work on 189 BV ? If you are outside, can’t come as of now.

Just put 3rd visa application without withdrawing other 2.

If you are granted 189 before others, withdraw others on 189 grant day.

1 Like

Can those who are outside of Australia also submit?

Yeah, ok. I will.

I am outside Aus. but UWA is happy to put a request, to DHA, for an exemption to enter Aus. for me.

Well, UWA will launch an exception to enter Aus. for me.