Visa Grant Delay 189

Thanks for sharing this @OnlyHuman. Small hope but actually i’m quiet surprised to know that your friend got her grant for 2613… (Software related occupation) within/less than a year. I thought the department was only issuing limited number of 189 grants and thought those would only go for rare/critical occupations. Also it’s great that you got your CO contact so early, is your occupation IT as well? - hope you get your grant soon as it would be great to see more 189 grants in coming days.

Cheers R

1 Like

Yeah. I am also waiting under 2613. Onshore.

I was surprised too as I know people are waiting longer than that. When I had my co contact last year, some of my friends got direct grant (~40-50 days). I would have received it too but I was late in uploading one document by 2 days :pensive:

Well, I hope we see more older applications picked up as we inch closer to end of FY. But our medicals and PCC would have already expired so it’s upto COs discretion now whether they need new ones or not.

Cheers.

I will be clocking 2 years of wait on 28th Feb 2021. I am offshore applicant.

1 Like

So many grants nowadays, two of my friends got their grants yesterday. Their application dates were 20-30 March with Petroleum Engineering occupation. I myself applied on 13 March with Mechanical Occupation. Still waiting for grant. All the best

3 Likes

Good news…are they offshore or onshore?

same here…offshore applicant…completing 2 years of lodging application on 6th Apr 2021

All of them are onshore

My friend who applied in oct2019 got grant today. 2613 code onshore

6 Likes

Hi guys, I GOT MY GRANT TODAY !!!

Timeline below: 261313 - 189 (point tested) Onshore

Invite rec - 10th jan 2020 App lodged - 14th Jan 2020 CO contact - 26th feb 2020 (Overseas PCC) Responded - 26th feb 2020 Grant - 24th feb 2021

Seeing how many people are confirming, it looks like old applications are being prioritised. For everyone waiting, IT WILL COME! :heart:

Kind regards,

8 Likes

i am very happy for you. congratulationsssssss :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Many congratulations @OnlyHuman :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Good News, Congratulation @OnlyHuman. Please be in touch of this group.

1 Like

Just checking is there anyone else waiting for grant for 261313 - onshore for more than 22 months? If i am the only one i might have to reconsider the wait as my pcc and medicals expire tomorrow for the second time :sweat_smile:

did you got any co contact in 22 months?

yes once on 15th Feb 2020 for Medical and PCC, submitted both on 25th Feb 2020.

I am very close to you. 19 months and no co contact so far

Oh okay, i hope you get direct grant otherwise they ask for Medicals and PCC and further delay the process. Which i think is going to happen with me again.

1 Like

Congrats on your grant.

Well It’s a wrong statement. Your application is not old considering there are many waiting since March 2019 and even earlier.

It seems it’s easier for them to decide the ones within a year back as no need to request new Police and health check.

1 Like

Congrats mate, Software engineer is in critical skill, they will grant the visa to people are in critical skills.

Other sector people will take time, may be in FY 21-22.