Visa Grant Delay 189

I received the same response with an attachment of the VISA processing order (Shared by @Cachito). In short SC 189 was at the bottom of the priority list.

This statement is funny.

Processing time may exceed the average time if your visa is not within the priority criteria.

If the processing time is not a guide, that’s the million dollar question then.

What’s the average processing time?

This is nonsense.

They’ve changed the processing times yet again. The numbers don’t mean anything anymore. 20-24 months, yet they’re still accepting EOI applications and accepting payment. The pigs. This process genuinely makes a person feel suicidal. This is utterly dehumanising.

I’m not eligible for Jobkeeper, I can’t get a loan, I can’t plan my life, I can’t travel, I have paid full price for education, I have paid for PY, for a college to stay in the country after a TR, I paid the bills, the fees, the tax. My plans, hopes and dreams are on hold. This is disgusting, I feel sick.

I thought the following would be interesting to everyone. At least it is something new for me and I would like to have your opinion about this.

I called DHA today, asking why my 485 visa which I applied on (21-May-2019) have not been yet decided. After putting me on hold for many minutes(more than once), the lady replied since I left Aus on 1-09-2019 and I may not be considered as an applicant impacted by COVID-19. therefore, my application cannot be decided, till I can be inside Aus. She suggested me to consult a migration agent. Since I was on BVA when I left Aus, and did not bother to apply for BVB, so I dont have a visa to enter Aus. I asked her, is my application going to be refused or what, she did not clearly answer that, but said you application cannot be decided while you are outside Australia.

When I asked her, that I also applied for 189 visa on 11-June-2019, can my 485 application have adverse affect on 189 application? She said no both application can be processed independent of each other. She said, in case your 189 application be granted, do withdraw your 485, otherwise your 485 visa may take over the permeant residency.

I would appreciate if you guys can direct me in the right direction

What are the chances of refusal of my 485 application, just because i move out of Aus?

My agent also complained once and got this response. This was the time when 17 months were already passed and there was no CO contact. At that time, the processing time was 5 to 18 months.

Processing times

You can view current processing times on our website on the page for visa subclasses. Global processing times will be updated monthly. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times.

Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally. Estimates of processing times are provided as a guide only. Individual processing times may vary from the published estimates.

Circumstances that affect processing times

We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

• whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
  • how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (remember to check your junk folder, as our correspondence may auto-filter into spam)
  • how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
  • for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program

Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.

We hope this information has been helpful to you.

hi all
this is what i got today

you should reply to them asking if the processing time on the website is a guide where you can look for the average time referred at the bottom of the e-mail to get an idea from what point in time on you have exceeded the average time.

Otherwise, the reference to average time and processing time as a guide in this e-mail doesn’t make sense as It seems they are both the same time and mutually exclusive as per e-mail.

Confusing :face_with_monocle:.

Hello everyone, I have some confusion so posting my queries with an expectation that you will provide your feedback. I am on my BV and due to covid my company was shut down so we were all redundant. Then, I applied for another job and got it so, my queries is, do I need to update about my new job and also about my redundancy from my old job? If so where or how can I upload it?

Your feedback is much appreciated!

No need

Hi everyone,

I submitted my application with my partner end of March 2019 and are still waiting for response as all of you. My case is submitted onshore and I’m currently working in Australia. We postponed our wedding and other plans because of the delay of visa 189 and COVID. We are planning to go back to our home country to wait for the approval of visa 189 and probably will stay oversea for over 1 year. I’m not sure If there will be any influence on my 189 application if I apply for Bridging visa B and go oversea now. Anyone can advise?

Bridging visa B is normally granted for 3 months and It was very quick to get it before covid 19, not sure now.

You should try and apply for Bridging visa B and see what they have to say and make your decision based on that.

If you do it, let us know what they say. This could be an option for many of us as well.

My advice is to apply as it’s not expensive and their response will give you an idea how this is being managed these days and it would help you to make your mind on this.

Thanks, will update if I get their response.

Your question is also a question of many. please check, if it is possible to get BVB renewed from offshore as it is only given for 3 months.

i travelled on bvb in march 2020 and since then borders are closed. i am not able to return back until they give me grant. they wont give any exemption to travel unless you work for medical industry. they refused my 3 travel exemption requests. leaving australia on a bvb at this particular time is like shooting yourself in the foot.

1 Like

obviously they will grant you bvb but you wont be able to return back unless they send you travel back exemption along with your bvb.

also one must be onshore to apply another bvb.

1 Like

do we need to be onshore to receive the grant of 189? I probably won’t come back to Australia but still want to get 189 in case if I change mind.

No but onshore applicants have higher priority in getting the grant. My friend who traveled with bvb in march 2020 as well got his grant recently in December 2020 while offshore in india but he applied in December 2018. So there might be significant delay in getting the grant.