Visa Grant Delay 189

You are right. This government is running their agenda under the name of the pandemic.

Hmm, I did not know that. Can you paste here the link to that amendment?

https://www.seekvisa.com.au/covid-19-concessions-for-subclass-485-temporary-graduate-visas/

hmm Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting to read that.

1 Like

similar case with little difference that is visa is lodged offshore and the current status is also offshore - 189, 261313, lodged 25th July 2019(Offshore), No CO contact till now.

1 Like

Almost similar. Lodged 189 on July 2019 in 261313. Applied onshore and still onshore but did my Medical offshore. Medical is now expired. No CO contact yet of any type.

1 Like

Very hard time guys. I don’t know what’s gonna happen. This govt is just playing with our lives. Our lives matters too.

According to MARA agents that is spoke earlier today most of them ,these 6500 places are for new invitation and these numbers doesn’t reflects any application that are waiting for decisons.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Would you be able to ask your agent on the below response from DHA that seems to contradict what you just said.

Below also the planing levels from last financial year compared to this year where the total places allocated for 189 matches the previos response from DHA.

I believe this information is wrong. May be a tactic by agents to attract new applicants.

1 Like

I agree with your statement. The program target is for visa grants, not invitations. Which means if an application from a person who applied in 2018 is picked up in 2020 and granted in 2020 (this is an example!) then it would count towards the 2020-2021 migration target, not 2018.

Invitations aren’t anything to do with the program places, they’re just a way of controlling how many applications end up on the queue.

1 Like

It implies that your have responded to the CO’s request for additional documents/information and now pending to be resumed again by the CO.

Once it’s opened and everything is in order, you might get your grant.

My status is further assessment since Feb 2020 so there is no specific time frame.

Regards,

That is not true

It means that the Department CAN grant a maximum of 6,500 visas in skilled independent category this financial year. This is not a total invitation number for FY 2020-2021. Also a very important thing to note here is this is not a target to achieve by the Department but a mere ceiling number.

So it’s possible for department NOT to issue any invites this FY (Or keep targeted invites) and still meet the celling target by processing pending applications (since there are around 5500+ undecided 189 applications).

This is what happened last FY. Their celling was around 16K but they only issued around 7K invites in skilled migration and still granted 13,425 visas for 189 (as they already had a backlog to clear).

@Cachito

True.

It’s also important to note that they have invited 800 new applicants to apply this FY and the current backlog as of April was sitting at 10 K including NZ stream.

They shouldn’t invite more if they have such a backlog to clear.

The cap is better for regional visas.

They might have highly restricted rounds for a few months now. There is no point in inviting more applications as the unemployment rate is already very high and people are dependent on Centrelink. Also, I think the data is old. Here’s the new data:

The data is from April 2020.

The one you just showed doesn’t include NZ stream. It’s points tested only.

There are 2 streams for 189: Points tested and NZ stream.

Oh my bad. I thought the number was inclusive of NZ applications. I couldn’t find any FOI for how many NZ applications are waiting

There are.

I just have this one available from Iscah, but I came across this figures in the disclosure log as well.

You mean the figures that I shared ?

I thought the figure of $5532 included all applications they have at hand to process (onshore, offshore and NZ stream). Probably someone can confirm this on the forum here?

Check out this FOI I found in regards to how many applications were granted for FY 2019-2020. It only specifies total 189 granted.