Visa Grant Delay 189

you may be included in this data as its cut off 20th June, two months ago, your waiting time two months ago falls in this period.

Not actually…he mentioned that the applicant who lodged even before my case i.e.april 2019…got updated about medical and pcc… No idea if the candidate is frm medical background or not

Yea…if it is really true… Agents can console to clients smtimes…

19 months already, nth much I can do …

Yes, but what I mean is the data shows cases aged between 12 to 18 months as of the 20th of June.

If you have been waiting 19 months as of today 28th of August, two months back your waiting time was 17 months, therefore, the numbers shown there include you and whoever was waiting for that long as of the 20th of June.

Understand. Really no ideas how COs pick up our cases …

The biggest question.

We’re waiting for a freedom of information about it.

Let’s see

Thanks for all the useful information! @Cachito@jagroop1987@pesh

2 Likes

I got an extension of time request. Does that count?

1 Like

Is this for Freedom of information request?..Why did you get an extension ?

Its normal for them to ask for an extension, as the 30 days deadline for response approaches. You have to reply that you agree for extension. They then release the information within the extension period they asked for.

We appreciate it your effort, please let us know the outcome thanks.

Latest Onshore and Offshore 189 visa grants statistics. General trend in covid period is onshore focused. This is not specific for points tested. No distinction has been made hence i believe its a combination of Points tested & NZ pathway 189 grants.

Click on link - [189 grants] (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200700868-document-released.PDF)

Interesting, 1024 grants in June, its a shame none were logged into the consolidated tracker. I’m going to also assume that 95% of these grants were for Covid-related occupations.

Can we write a petition to the parliament to clear the backlogs.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Petitions/House_of_Representatives_Petitions/Petitions_General/Request_a_new_e-petition

1 Like

1024 in June is indeed a big number however only 203 went to the points tested stream, and maybe as you pointed out most of this 203 could be medical. This number is visible in another FOI request that specifically asked for 189 Points tested visa grants statistics. see image below for month of June. Hence showing that NZ stream is getting majority of the grants share.

Agree.

Most likely these grants went to priority occupations, including new and old applicants. My guess mainly new ones as their applications are fresh and no expired documents as old ones.

I read on the website of South Australian that applications for these occupations will be assessed first. This tells you this is the general criteria, just they have been more transparent making public this information on their website.

This is genius.

Everybody please could we give attention to this great initiative to write a petition to the Parliament to get the applications assessed?. This is on everybody’s interest.

What do you need from us to join this initiative?

Do you have a draft of the petition?

Just wonder if they asked for an extension because such document doesn’t exist yet :face_with_monocle:

Very unlikely. It is likely what I asked for requires fairly significant searching potentially across several departments. The usual requests you see from members are statistical data that they can just export from their reporting system. I basically said “anything that relates to this, I want it”. They have to work out what is relevant to my request then ask every department that has relevant info to send it to them, then they have to read through each document to decide if any info needs to be redacted/blacked out.