Visa Grant Delay 189

I didn’t know.

Thanks for clarifying.

Welcome.

Asking on a different note, any hope that the delayed cases would start getting grants?

I’m not very positive at the moment.

Nothing seems to make sense.

They are processing new applications for occupations they consider relevant for Covid period.

I’m actually thinking they’re holding until Jobkeeper and seeker are set to expire because having more new PR may add more people to welfare benefits.

1 Like

I am not sure but I was told that you would have to be a resident for atleast 2 years before you get welfare payments.

Thats right.

Not eligible for job keeper as soon as PR is granted.

You may be right.

I read a proposed change on the legislation to delay access to welfare benefit for new PR years back, but didn’t follow up how ended up. This was one of the arrangement to keep the cap of the program at certain level.

Guys, Many thanks for clarifying.

As of today, I haven’t read any news that suggest visa processing has speeded up. DHA is still noting processing time may be affected due to Covid 19.

Before this Covid 19, visa 189 was the last in the priority list for processing. After, everything is upside down and hard to know how the processing is moving.

Guys many thanks for enlightening on this.

Below the rule that took effect on the 1st of January 2019. It’s useful information once PR is granted.

DHA is cautious about the post corona economic situation and is playing waiting game to get some direction. Till then they keep issuing PRs slowly. I don’t have any source. Purely my hunch.

Yes, you’re right.

They may be waiting until the budget is announced in October.

This is by far one of the best freedom of information requests. It lists grants per profession code. And clearly shows that if you are offshore there have been little grants since March.

1 Like

Yes, It’s a good one. I saw it before.

There are many recently released and good information provided.

1 Like

There’s a simple way to find out - I just put in an FOI for any document relating to the process by which they select applications from the unassigned pool for assessment by a case officer, including policies, departmental directions and ministerial directions. Since they’re a government department there would have to be a policy written down somewhere which says who gets selected for processing.

That’s brilliant. Well done.

Many thanks for letting us know.

Could you please keep us posted on their response?

This is a genius request. Well done mate. This should give further clarity.

Absolutely. I expect it will get dragged out a bit though, they’ve been fairly slow of late.

Yeh. It’s amazing to see that they are enforcing self imposed economic decline. I saw a freedom of information saying that in 2018-19 there were 405k student visa grants and 2.2m 600 subclass tourist visa Grants. It seems mad that they’re is no middle ground. Don’t understand why they don’t test people on entry and impose quarantine until they test negative.

It doesn’t matter. It seems these requests are being processed at a better pace though.

If you look at the most recent documents released, the cut off is June and they made them available in July. Not too bad compared to visa processing.

that’s quite weird that u havent heard anything till date. have u contacted DHA about that absence of activity in ur case?

Hi mates…hope u ol r fine…i hv heard that travel exemption can be applied even without a visagrant, and in critical care sectors , this travel exemtion can be bagged. Is it possible …if yes then how

Thanks in advance

There was a request for information for this. I think only 5k have been granted since March so the odds are low. I’ve read lots of news lpaper reports saying people with visas are still stuck out of the country