Visa Grant Delay 189

well there is not point calling them specially now in these pandemic days.

Yeaa I guess! All we got to do is wait!:slightly_frowning_face:

No i am not contacting them again and again for process. But i called DHA on 07/02/2020 for just ask the status of my case and the guy is very responsive and helpful he checked my profile. Approximately 20 min we talkedā€¦ and in last i told him to i want to send a gentle reminder to my co. And he said ok and he put on hold me for 3 to 4 min and said i Send it. and i have physical verification on dated :- 11/02/2020. There were all things good in my verification. But actually i m losing hope of getting grant because of too much long time waiting period. I am Frustrated with this immi. Process. Some people are getting grant in just 40 days. And we are hanging since last 2 yeras.

1 Like

@Nirav_Suthar, @roomi,
Does it mean that calling DHA will negatively impact the application process? I am thinking of calling DHA to get grant timeline or meaning of processing date(which keeps changing) shown in immi site. Do they physically verify all the employments and educations mentioned in the application for some cases thatā€™s why it take long time?

Calling DHA not making nagative impact on your application process. They have to checked all the documents which we upload educational and employment.

1 Like

Guys could you please provide the number you are calling to DHA

This is working now. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Still seems like, since the pandemic took full swing, not a single grant has been awarded to anyone who isnā€™t a medical practitioner or someone thatā€™s been waiting 14 months + for a grant response.

When will they resume processing of grants? Why are they on a stop for on-shore applicants to begin with?

We donā€™t know the reason why they have stopped.

Certainly, most recent PR visa grants have gone to science professionalsā€¦However, I could see a couple granted to IT onshore applicants from March and April 2019ā€¦There is probably very few moreā€¦I was told on a recent grant from a 2018 applicant.

I could see there have been some invitations issued to medical professions in the last two months for a total of over 400, for sure they will jump the queue and be granted in days.

This may keep delaying grants for old applicantsā€¦I hope to be wrong, but thatā€™s what it looks likeā€¦

Our wish is they keep awarding visas and start from the oldest. However, many of these applications may have medicals and police check expiredā€¦I would expect this request, hopefully not, but this keeps delayingā€¦

What a disaster. So much uncertainty and lack of transparency; theyā€™re toying with lives at this point. I donā€™t think they understand what it means to live off visa to visa with work/ family obligations, let alone (and god forbid) any form of ambition.

I started thinking this is a dehumanised processā€¦We are treated as numbersā€¦

I agreeā€¦Itā€™s awfulā€¦some of us started this Journey over 6 years ago and doesnā€™t end ā€¦

We have been dealing with uncertainty for years as immigration policies keep changing and did more dramatically last few years ā€¦We could have missed the chance and wonā€™t be sure until we get our visas grantedā€¦

Weā€™re going nuts.

hi guys I recieved a PR grant in Feb 2020 and i need to make my first visit latest by 1 feb 2021. Given the covid times we are unable to travel. Any idea if there is any relaxation to the date of first visit?strong text

There are some Interestig freedom of information acts which have been raised last week.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/access-and-accountability/freedom-of-information/disclosure-logs/2020

Notably it highlights for the past 3 months only 40 offshore 189ā€™s have been granted. It also highlights that there is a 11500 case backlog.

Weā€™re about to go into Stage 4 restrictions. Hereā€™s another 1.5 months of 0 grants, again.

Iā€™ve given up on the process!!! The wait has been endless and frustrating! Almost makes me question if itā€™s worth the wait!

No hopes in Augustā€¦

There will be grants for nurse and physiciansā€¦

Youā€™ll see their grants processed in hoursā€¦Understandable thoughā€¦but they should do their best to keep processing applications, especially 12+ months

Iā€™m on 17 months now. Kind of worried even if I get the visa there will be little economy left

Wellā€¦There will be a global financial crisisā€¦Itā€™s expensive to live in Australia without a regular incomeā€¦These are personal circumstances that everybody should evaluate and plan accordingly ā€¦

Donā€™t worry too muchā€¦Australia is already in a recession and It could get worse as they are reluctant to open its border and this impacts very badly on the economy for several reasonsā€¦This is well known, but they insist on their views of the issueā€¦At some point theyā€™ll be forced to take a different path ā€¦They keep saying they are reviewing policies from time to time depending how this Covid issue is evolvingā€¦

Here the prediction made earlier became true.

For an agriculture occupation, lodgement date last Friday and CO contacted the applicant yesterday.

My prediction is if this guy is able to provide required documents this week, he will be awarded a grant next week.