Visa Grant Delay 189

Had your location been Australia since the expiry of your police checks?

Itā€™s true. No CO contact for us yet. Lodged and paid 7 Nov 2018.

1 Like

Can you give a brief background on your application?

This is horrible. What right does the bloody DHA have to keep the applicants waiting so long and indefinitely? And some people on this forum are saying it depends on complexity of case. These cases seem like they have never been looked into, leave alone the complexity

Yes, you are right ,these case have not been opened so far, first it takes time for skill assessment, then we have to wait for our invite ( whether 189 or 190 ) and after submitting the application , fees , medical - we have to wait for monthsā€¦ months to get the final visa. actually i feel DHA is too too slow in processing ā€¦

1 Like

Yes. So I donā€™t really understand why they need a new one (it expired in Nov 2019)

There has to be a way to hold these DHA goons accountable. They cannot simply hold on to our money forever. This amounts to stealing. There seems to be a criminal cartel behind this.

3 Likes

Hi there. I wonder if you can help me, I lodged for 189 visa on 05/02/2019. How long are medicals and PCC valid for?? Iā€™m not sure if I need to renew them to be proactive in case CO asks for them? Thanks so much in advance. Regards.

Based on the discussions in this forum, I think it makes sense to renew and upload the PCC proactively. But CO contacts to renew medicals are rarer, and I would not renew it unless asked by the CO.

How long is PCC valid for? Or does it depend on the country? And how long are medicals valid for?

I am not sure about the medicals but PCC is valid for 1 year usually.

Both PCC and Medicals are valid for one year ā€¦

Were there any inherent complexities in your case?

DHA should learn a thing or two from the Canadian authorities. I think Australia is on the way to anarchy. Highly irresponsible and high handed attitude of the DHA. They should refund the amount with interest if they are unable to process applications beyond one year - plain and simple. Is there any way to sue these morons?

Hello. I submitted all the documents mentioned in the checklist ( form 80, Medicals, pcc, employment proof, etc. ) but they did not ask anywhere for form 1221. Can anyone please tell me if I should be uploading form 1221 and if yes where exactly? This is for 189 visa with primary and secondary applicant.

I had to add my baby onto application. CO contacted me 24/06/2019 to add baby on. Baby was born 10/07/2019, I uploaded all requested docs on 11/07/2019. I have heard nothing since, baby still hasnā€™t been uploaded onto immi account so no HAP ID for baby, just waitingā€¦

I have gone to the Ombudsman but it seems pretty teethless. I guess you can always talk to immigration lawyers, maybe a class action!

Process time has change to 11-13 months now

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Quick question. Is it neccessary to fill up form 80 for siblings? I accidentally stated my sibling as non-migrating member for family unit (I sent a correction form as required). But its asking for form 80. is it requred?

Where did u see? I checked DHA, still low volume