Visa Tracker - SC189

Yes. That’s correct.

Hi, Whats the approximate estimate time for software engineer who will apply for PR in Jan 2018 as per current trends. Points are 65?

Thanks,

do you mean lodges EOI with 65 points, or lodges visa?

In first case, wait is quite considerable may take 5-10 months. As of now those who created EOI with 65 points in April are getting invited.

In terms of visa, points have no impact.

Hi there, My application is also “assessment in progress”. I submitted (and paid) on 21-Sep-2017, then on 8-Nov was contacted by CO asking for PCC and functional english for my partner. Then on 15-Nov the status changed to “assessment in progress”. Can you please let me know where I can see with GSM team my application went to?

You can’t. You just now need to wait.

Hi What are the general holidays around Xmas and New years for DIBP. Heard that they dont grant any visas for 1-2 weeks around this time of the year?

Thanks JSB

They would not work 25-26 of December 2017 and 1st of January 2018. The rest are not public holidays.

However, many do take annual leave during this period.

Hi, Please confirm if the “Estimated Processing Time” mentioned in the Immi account profile is specific to each and every case or is generic for all the cases. Earlier it was showing Processing time of 5-8 months however it has changed to 6-10 months now for my case. Please suggest and why are they increasing this processing time even after providing all the documents. Thanks JSB

I am not sure where exactly you see it. There is global processing time which fluctuates, yes, and yes it may take longer, hence processing time will increase.

The processing time shown there is a generic for all cases.

Its same for all…I hope it reduces by this month

yes … it has reduced back to 5-8 months this month

Yes… its reduced but cant see much movement on the backlog cases. Only new cases are being cleared with Direct Grant.

Is there any way we can contact CO or GSM for this??

Not really, they process some % of new cases, there is a fare share of backlogged cases being processed too…

Hi people, I lodged my 189 visa in September and co contacted me for medicals in October. After that I did not receive any communication. Lately I am seeing many suggest to upload form 80. In my case should I upload form 80 even though CO did not ask me, at this point of time will it have any impact , please need your suggestions

I suggest to upload form 80/1221 as it will help to avoid CO contact. Each CO contact delays grant by 60-120 days.

Hey Guys,

I hope you all are doing fine. I was wandering how long does it take for the grant to arrive after 2nd CO contact. All they asked was for a polio certificate and signed form 80. I uploaded them today. My first CO contact was on 1st November 2017 and I provided the information on 18th November 2017 and the 2nd Contact was on 1st March 2018 and I provided the information on 2nd March 2018. I lodged my application on 21st September 2017. I’m not claiming any points for experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

I always say that on average it takes 6-12 weeks to for a CO to comeback to you after contact. I would not expect anything sooner than that, if, however, CO responds quicker - them you are lucky.

Thanks Andy for a prompt reply. I’m expecting it to be 16 weeks again but I hope they get back to me before that. I will keep everyone updated as we don’t have a 2nd CO contact option here on immitracker. It will be a good idea if to have a tab for 2nd CO contact which will facilitate the process of tracking and interpreting trends.

1 Like

There is a column, how many times CO contacted, and the date of last contact :slight_smile: please review.

Dear All,

I had also received the Natural Justice query in January 2017 and replied with all proofs and letters. Still got no revert from their side. Its has been almost 1.5 year after replying to their natural justice query. I have also submitted feedback on their portal regarding the visa processing and received standard answer about processing etc.

I want to send them an email for expediting the application. Can anyone help me/guide me for the same? As I have heard that in multiple cases, people have sent an email requesting fasten up the process and they got quicker processing on their application, so on which Email id should I send them query for application revert?

Regards,