Visa Grant Delay 189

Not yet. Waiting since Mar’20. In the same boat as you guys

offshore??

Any grant news ? Border will open on Dec 15 th only,right ?

Crazy to think that was my first visa which allowed me to see Australia for the first time. It was then I decided it would be my home! Had I known they’d lock us out years later, I would have stayed. The thought of touching Australian soil again is starting to feel like a mythological fantasy.

Yes Veena. We uploaded our vaccination certificate as well.

I saw there’s a #189_190ApplicationsLivesMatter on Twitter.

what will happen if my employer raises a 482 visa while my 189 application is in progress? Someone has told me that it will affect the 189 application. If anyone is having some info, please share.

Yes, Offshore

No it will not affect your 189 application. If your employer can sponsor you for 482 visa then it’s a good thing; you should convince them to do it and lodge 482 visa. It will be added to the exempt category once the borders re-open.

1 Like

I think they have stated that the most substantive visa will take over the other one in this scenario. In this case it’s 189 over 482.

Most substantive

Great

Can we just apply once again for another 600 visa to just become ‘onshore’ so that our 189 processings get to be expedited once the border opens?

No use. It won’t be added to the exempt category. Only citizen’s spouse, children and now parents can apply at the moment and are exempt for inward travel.

Bro if on 15th border will reopen, i think we all have to send the mail on the same day to immigration minister to process our offshore applications.

Any idea if the minister has any control over DHA?

Then what is the role of immi minister?? He is responsible to change the direction of processing.

We will do it no problem but they will ignore it. I recently sent them complaint and they replied that they have addressed the matter already so they are not going to response further to my complaints :pensive:

Exactly same response i got just one week ago. But don’t worry and we have to keep trying bro. This time again we will send our message to immi and home minister directly through the link that i provided before on the same day of border reopening (15th dec). please convey this message to everyone.

Do these press releases make any sense? In light of the progress that they are making on offshore cases?