Visa Grant Delay 189

Done 11 times to DHA and once to minister. Perspective doesn’t matter. Progress and outcome matters.

If you have done with everything. Then you can move to next step as per your choice. Registered your concerns with your choice to IGIS.

In your complaint section especially for visa matters, first mention them that you have filed 11 times feedback and also raise your concern to minister already.

Here the link. Go to complaint form.

https://www.igis.gov.au/complaints

1 Like

H.Singhkamboj. May I ask how writing to IGIS is relevant? As far as I know, they don’t have jurisdiction over Home Affairs apart from security issues referred to them by Home Affairs.

I think you did not read their website carefully. They have right to enquire why immi department is not listening your feedback. thats why I already written in my previous post that first you have to tell them that you already many times contacted the department but they are not providing the response. IGIS have every authority to question the Immi department for their late response on the visa applications. If you will go to this link then you will find they have clearly stated in first row that you are concerning about the time taken to process your visa here is the link https://www.igis.gov.au/form/visa-citizenship-complaint-form

You may be right, I have not gone into a lot of detail about what they do and don’t do, but here is what I have seen on their site “The Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) is responsible for processing applications for Australian visas. IGIS has no jurisdiction over Home Affairs. However, Home Affairs sometimes refers visa applications to the ASIO for security assessment. IGIS has jurisdiction only with regard to actions taken by ASIO, and not for other checks that Home Affairs may request. Applications that have not been forwarded to ASIO by Home Affairs are outside IGIS jurisdiction.” https://www.igis.gov.au/complaints/immigration-matters

To me it sounds like they only deal with very specific matters, with delays of processing falling outside their mandate. I could be wrong though.

See, they will act when you are already fed up with the behaviour of home office. They can registered a complaint and can also setup an enquiry to resolve the matter on your behalf. So don’t worry you can proceed.

Any update for offshore today?

Didn’t get any update from anywhere yet!!

My application is 2.7 year now with received as my status. Anyone on this train or older?

Same status from 28 months.

Man…my wait has been 20 months here…applied back in April 2019

Mine is 28/02/2019

27 months and counting…:unamused:

31 Months…waiting since April 19

Guys…We should ask for a decent form of COMPENSATION once this shit gets tackled…

1 Like

we just need PR at the earliest…we are losing our prime years in waiting…it is frustrating

2 Likes

Waiting Since 11 June 2019…

Couple of months ago I lodged a foi seeking number of Tourist(600) visas on hand and granted for offshore applicants. I forgot to share it earlier.

Just wondering if our processings would expedite if we manage to apply for a tourist visa now and switch our status to be ‘onshore’???

Thought for doing the same thing but unfortunately they are not granting tourist visas as of now. May be they will start from December because they are going to open the borders for few visa holders from December 1.