Visa Grant Delay 189

Are you watching scomo :rage::rage:

I pray and hope that Australia should also follow Canada path :pray:

1 Like

Thank you @ramesh_singh for giving a ray of hope. Its now becoming challenging for people who are waiting for grant from 2019

I hope that situation will be normal soon. They can give grants to vaccinated people to encourage others :stuck_out_tongue: to get vaccinated soon.

1 Like

Doesnt matter to Australiaā€¦they wonā€™t process offshore at least till July 2022. So relax

Why you always post negative comments? I request you if you canā€™t post positive comment than please donā€™t post anything. There is already so much negativity around so at least keep this forum a source of positivity.

Agree, there is a ray of hope now with borders opening in Decā€™21/Janā€™22 and Australia embarking on the journey to allow fully vaccinated people. For those waiting since 2018/19, like me, these are positive signs and Iā€™m hopeful that we shall receive our grants momentarily - so hang in there and keep faith!

1 Like

I heard that Denmark will treat Covid like normal flue since most of the eligible people are vaccinated there. Like Denmark and Singapore, other countries will soon consider it like normal flue if there vaccination target meet.

Yes, It is good news for all people since Australia vaccination drive is happening in fast pace than before.

Positivity will not change something but at least it will reduce the unnecessary stress in this situation where we canā€™t do anything :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely. Australia is a conservative country and not open as Denmark and Singapore to consider Covid as a normal Flu. So after vaccination also their plan is to allow residents to travel to safe countries and come back to Australia. Plan is not to process offshore applications that wont be in their list itself. Positivity is just for oneā€™s mental satisfaction and nothing else.

Australia will start to grant offshore people from jan 2022. there are certain reasons for thisā€¦

1. they are not giving any benefits to PR person from this date as per budget report so there is no reason to hold the grants further.
  2. they already explain that migration will start from june 2022 so if they give us grant prior to this then migration will occurā€¦ as key source of migration are students and skilled migrantsā€¦this all as per budget report.
  3. they are continuously reporting shortages of skilled migrants in various sector.
  4. they are planning for earlier election possibly before march so that they could open to world
  5. they are opening international flights from december to various locations and india will include in this upto march and april
  6. they are now planning for home quarantine from november this year (probably first trial in south aus in next months)
  7. even they are planning for 4 to 7 day quarantine for vaccinated person with 2 negative reports.
  8. Please keep in mind this time major cities are in strict lockdowns and their processing offices are closed so wait for upto october when they completed vaccination in their big states and then they open definitely from november

I am following various news channels regularly so I think from november they can change the direction for processing of applications. they can demand updated documents like pcc and medicals. You can expect the grants from Jan 2022.

3 Likes

Good analysis and info

Hello. Does anyone know if there is any other place other than BUPA that Medicals test for visa can be done. My CO has asked me and my husband for medical test and since the lockdown the BUPA centreā€™s are closed for Sydney. Brisbane itā€™s open but travelling isnā€™t allowed unless medical emergency is what they tell me. Any thoughts anyone? I really feel thatā€™s my last step to get my grant and I have been waiting since 2019. But because of this lockdown stuck in Sydney with no BUPA centreā€™s open. Any information anyone? I highly appreciate it. Thankyou.

When I was in melbourne some private clinics were also conducting immigration medicals. I did once for my student visa extension back in 2016. You can check them as well. For Traveling interstate I think it shouldnā€™t be a problem because he will be traveling for medical purpose.

You took vaccine or not?? which one??

Yes both jabs of covishield(astrazeneca). Fully vaccinated :grin:

Nice. I am also taking this.

Yea because it is approved for international travel. Just give your passport as identity document.

did you attached its information with your passport through cowin??

Yes you can add passport information manually on cowin and it will be displayed on your certificate. Make sure you enter all details correctly on cowin while entering your passport number because you can only add it once.

after second dose of vaccine, i can add?? as i took only first dose

You can add passport any time. If you add passport after first dose it will be automatically displayed on your final vaccine certificate. You can add passport details like this.