Visa Grant Delay 189

Hi All,

My friend applied for 189 under Software Engineer occupation from onshore in Dec 2018 . Was contacted by CO once in Mar2019 and submitted documents. He moved to offshore and updated the same on portal.No contact after that. Raised a complaint in Dec 2020 as Pcc and medicals had expired. After the complaint was raised, received message to upload pcc and medicals again. Uploaded new docs and sent a complaint again as there was no response. Received generic response. New processing times says 13 months . It is already 23 months now since lodgement.

The wait is extremely harassing, tiresome and painful.

Anyone in the same situation?

1 Like

Yeh main applicant onshore and secondary stuck offshore, application was lodged when both were onshore

Does any one have any idea , why was i asked to submit form 80 for my wife again(my wife is offshore).

I am in the same situation. I lodged my 189 application on 11 June 2019 and moved offshore without applying for BVB on 1-Sept-2019.

I have another application with DHA as well i.e. 485 visa which I applied on 21 May 2019. I was contacted once for this application just after 2 days of applying for 189. I was asked to submit a C.V. with detailed occupation history and testamour for my PhD, which I did on same day. No response after that till now.

No co contact on 189 application either.

Looking at the cases pending since 2019 i guess processing time updated on immi website doesnā€™t really matterā€¦ I was counting on thatā€¦ Still hoping for goodā€¦

Timeline does not matter so donā€™t focus on it, itā€™s merely luck now. Hope for the best and continue with your life.

Hi Guys, Need your advise - my Aus PCC is about to expire after today. Should I re-issue new one and upload asap or should I wait for my CO contact? Since they are not granting any 189s at the moment, im not sure what to doā€¦iā€™d really appreciate your response.

I have same question as well

Hi, Some times there is grace period upto 15 months or so , it depends on COā€¦For safer reasons ,not to have any check point for CO, I suggest to have new one and upload .

AFP doesnā€™t cost you much and not required a CO contact to get a new one. My advice is to apply for new one immediately and upload.

is there any offshore applicant from 2018 or 2019 got co contact recently? please share :pensive:

U and my friend are sailing on the same boat . He is waiting too ā€¦no update yet. Been 2 yrs and 3 months that he lodged his applicationā€¦

the thing which is killing me is that its been 20 months since i lodged my application and i havnt received any co contact so far :pensive:

Are u still onshore?

Last year when I lodged my 189 in March 2020, I uploaded AFP as well. I am offshore since then, do I need to resubmit AFP too or Indian PCC is enough?

indian PCC is enough as you are not in Australia since then.

Yup, Iā€™m still onshore.

When did you lodge your 189 and which occupation?

28 months my friend. Not even a single correspondence. This system is biased and broken.

Lodged onshore for developer programmer. Application date November 2018. Donā€™t know what to say

Dint they ask for medicals too even though you are onshore at the moment?