Visa Grant Delay 189

bro ur nationality ? offshore or onshore?

Onshore, Bangladeshi

1 Like

Hi @infoZ, I am from BD as well. Asked for spouse medical in february then no contact. Been waiting since March 2019.

I see the processing time has changed from 12-14 months, to 5-14 months. What does one infer from it? I am an offshore applicant; current status: Further assessment. Any thoughts?

This means the waiting time of the cases picked for decision previous month.

Currently, there are people waiting for over 17 months, as well as some visas granted in 3 months. So, Itā€™s a mess. Since I applied I have seen different processing time even of 33 months for 90 % of cases.

This is not a real indicator. I would say Itā€™s a misleading measurement as they donā€™t explain how it should be read. It keeps changing monthly. However, they do say itā€™s from previous month.

This became a luck system or whatever else you can think of, but itā€™s not a real indicator.

Just wait to see where your luck take you toā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, as Cachito says, those numbers seem incredibly arbitrary. This entire ordeal seems based on luck, its quite disheartening.

Looking at the Consolidated Visa Tracker - SC189 it seems like grants were completely halted at the end of April 2020. Every grant thereafter was based off of an applicant that has already been contacted by their CO months prior.

There has not been a single Direct 189 grant since April 30th. So itā€™s been almost 3 months, 3 whole months since theyā€™ve awarded a single direct grant.

This 5-14 month thing doesnā€™t make any sense.

1 Like

How do CO picks up our application? I got contacted by CO twice but different CO each time. And no updates until now. Just wondering why some applicants applied their applications late but get granted within few months. Plenty of us have been applied and waiting for long timeā€¦

Very frustrating . Been loosing on job opportunities.

There is not much said about this visa delay by DHA and grants are going ridiculously slow. They have only advised processing time can take longer just to make it worse for applicants affected by last year delay, which was caused by the implementation of new regional visas that took effect from November 2019. This can take forever as they are picking up new cases and pilling up old ones.

We could imagine and speculate whatever reason to understand why this process is managing this way. They may be waiting we get sick to reject the application based on health grounds. Who knows what they have in mind for us.

Below some links to contact MP to raise the delay for the ones who may be interested (onshore applicants better) as already live in the country.

This could be especially useful for whoever has been waiting for over 1.6 years as December is around the corner and may be 2 years by then.

https://www.julianhillmp.com/contact.html

DHA need to complete those pending cases within certain time frame?otherwise, too much cases were pending, which is unfair to those have been waiting for long time?

They donā€™t really need to. Just look at what partner visa applications has become, about 90,000 people are in the queue. This was way different back in 2015.

Visa 189 was processing within 6 months with about 2,500 people invited in a month until around 2016 to 2017. Visa grants have been reduced considerable compared to few years ago and there is no reason to delay applications this long when the number of invitations is way smaller than it was in the past, even if you consider the shift to regional visas, which started last year. Current visa 189 backlog stands at over 10K, including primary and secondary applicants and NZ visa stream.

There is always a new priority. 2018, NZ stream for visa 189. Last year, new regional visa, this year exemption due covid 19, then upcoming Hong Kong visa applicants.

Students visas were halted shortly after the border closure and now resume because Universities complained given theyā€™re losing money.

How they are going to keep up with all these applications if the covid 19 exemption has been the excuse for such a major delay this year, when they were not even processing students visa and invitations for skill visas slowed down.

How come they couldnā€™t cope with applications for exemptions if before they were processing numerous visas of different type and letā€™s say they had have staff available from students visas, which processing was paused, to work on exemptions.

Nothing makes sense and only tells you they donā€™t care anymore how long processing time can increase.

You can find articles on this even from last year. There is one below you can check out. There was no covid 19 back then.

Thanks for your informationļ¼so itā€™s depends on LUCK.

So frustrated ā€¦

yessss

Anyone has been waiting for over 2 years (already submitted all required documents)? Just waiting for the visa granted ? Or even longer ?

I have submitted my 189 application on 25th July 2019 with Anzcode 261313, but not heard anything till now. I know due to Covid there will be further delay, but I want to know whether they completely stopped granting offshore people or giving grant slowly(or to less number of applicants). Depending on current situation, does any has any idea how much time it will take to get grant?

I am waiting Since 8 feb 2018. Visa Lodge :- 08/02/2018 MEDICAL And PCC :- 25/03/2018 Immi Ass comm Mail :- 09/07/2018 Visa Put on Hold :- 10/12/2018 Newborn Add On :- 16/01/2019 New Born Add Letter from CO :- 03/02/2019 Medical Requested For New born :- 07/02/2019 Medical Done :- 14/02/2019 After There is nothingā€¦ Lots Of phone call and email and Feedback to DHA But Nothingā€¦ And Suddenly Physical Verification on dated :- 11/02/2020ā€¦ And corona Pandemic Startā€¦ I Think i will not getting grantā€¦

1 Like

This has been answered. Just read above. There is plenty of information for you to read. It depends on luck. Not even onshore applicants are getting grants.

OMG. This is a lot of time. Are you onshore or offshore applicant?..What kind of physical verification?..Why your visa was put on hold?..

Thanks for sharing.

Donā€™t waste your time with this. Last year some people complained with ombudsman and they were all getting generic responses.

They were like we are satisfied with the processing time DHA was updating monthly.

You can check people experiences with this in this forum last months of 2019 and beginning of 2020