Visa Grant Delay 189

Hang in there mate, I have seen a couple of ‘offshore’ grants over the past week or so. I think this bodes well for continued grants for 'offshore applicants. Stay positive and hope that it comes through soon!!

1 Like

Wow @swashah, great news. Little hope for offshore grant after so many negative news like travel ban and budget. Any offshore grants for people staying in India? What is the job code?

I heard from my agent that some offshore 189 grants were given where people were on work-visa to Singapore, UK and some other countries (Not in India).

thanks @swashah :blush:

Thanks everyone for helping us in this long journey… applied in oct 2018 and got the happiest news of our lives on 13 May 2021 at 9:25am … still can’t believe. For those who thinks why so long I share a timeline maybe it helps those waiting from so long :-
3oct 2018 eoi applied 8oct 2018 eoi approved 18 oct 2018 pr file applied First co contact - around 30 January 2019 for marriage proofs - uploaded same marriage certificate that we already did on file applying Baby born in March 2019 Baby added to file in April Second co contact- next day of baby adding stating to prove more documents of baby … passport, birth certificate, medical Submitted within 15 days Nothing after that a long silence… June 2020 third co contact - our pcc and medical staff expired so they asked to do it again Nothing after that … a long silence 8 April 2021 morning 4th Co Contact — for sons medical whose two already by that time … Gods Grace got the bupa medical appointment on same day Mailed them again on 12 May that our medical and pcc will expire got the auto generated response on 13 May at 9:20 am and Permanent Residency 9:32 … thanks everyone for your support as never been active but read threads on daily basis … all the best everyone… hope you guys got your pr just within the blink or your eyes… stay safe any queries happy to answer

1 Like

Congratulations…

congratulations buddy

Hi fellas, Its kind of interesting that today I have been contacted by DHA to provide new health examination certificate and Polio certificate for my 485 visa application. I forgot to update my 485 visa application with regards to the new medical done against the HAP ID of 482 visa, recently. I updated the info. of 189 visa only, (regarding new medical which included HIV test, X-RAY AND Physical exam).

It seems like they will grant me 485 visa, in which case I will withdraw my 482 application and seek for application refund.

I will keep my fingers crossed for 189 application though.

Any suggestions/comments?

good luck for 485. i think it will come with first entry date but not sure about travel exemption.

If all your applications are lodged using single ID and medicals are done with the same ID(registered with DHA). Medicals will automatically be reflected to all the open applications. Same thing happened with your 485. You can withdraw 482 And keep 189 open. Congratulations, things are moving.

Congrats !! You are offshore or onshore?

Onshore🎉

@Veena_K - Yes, there is a grant for an Indian applicant as well - you can see the details here https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/consolidated-visa-tracker-sc189/analytics/visa-grants-by-period

According to our ImmiTracker sample size, 25% (11/44) of the outstanding 2019 applications are onshore applications, while 50% (11/22) of the outstanding 2020 applications are onshore applications. The sample shows that there are twice as many 2019 applications outstanding than 2020 applications outstanding (44 compared to 22). The most interesting part is that our sample size shows that about 25 applications are granted per month. Theoretically all outstanding onshore applicatons for both 2019 and 2020 (22) can be completed by mid-June. My question is, what happens then, because there is only 7 onshore applications for 2021. Are they then going to (1) start processing the offshore applications, (2) slow down grants or (3) increase onshore EOI applications?

https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/consolidated-visa-tracker-sc189/analytics/statuses-by-month-of-submission

Number 3 looks more likely because they have sent too many onshore invites for 190 visa for various occupations apart from medical recently. Although 190 is a different visa but looks like they are going to do same thing with 189. My views are based on current trend. Hopefuly they will give us(offshore) grant from January 2022 because they have announced that from January 2022 they are not going to give any welfare benefits to the new permanent migrants for 4 years.

Absolutely right. I have applied for 190 offshore. waiting since March-2020. status is received till date.

Hang in there guys… IMO, too many job openings at the moment not getting filled due to lack of sufficient skilled people around.

Just to give an example, in my project, we have around 15-20 openings, unable to fulfil them even though we are flexible with the expectations.

I believe companies must be putting some pressure to allow skilled migrants from offshore either through work visa or PR grants.

PS: my opinions are only around the software engineers jobs.

Hi @kvisred, Is there any way to search Software eng. jobs with work-visa in Australia from India?

You mean trying a new job from offshore with an AU company who can initiate 482?

If thats the question, it’s very tough…

Yes That was my question. Thank you @kvisred answering it. Just checking different ways to get to Australia to get the grant.