Visa Grant Delay 189

Response received for the complaint and this is how they respond to person waiting since 13 months.,…

This application remains under assessment and is being processed in accordance with Migration Program visa planning levels and priority processing arrangements for General Skilled Migration visas.

I am unable to provide a timeframe for the finalisation of the application but can advise that any request for information or other communication regarding your application will be sent to the authorised email address for this application.

The Department is committed to service improvement and your feedback provides us with information to help improve the quality of our services. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the Department with this feedback.

It is just a copy and paste response. Everyone who complained to DHA about delay get the same answer. What you need to do now is to complain to Commonwealth Ombudsman.

Hello

Is this your first CO.You specified that the lodgement date is sep-2018 and now its jan-2020 so it is almost 1 year and 2 months.

Hi Everyone,

I got invite in July 11 round and have lodged my 189 visa on 31 July 2019. I am claiming my wife points also. But my wife has switched to another company in august 2019 end. I am still with the same organization. Do i need to update anything?

No need

Hi,

I’ve been reading the posts on this forum and I wish to share the news that we’ve gotten our grants today!

Date invited: 10 Mar 2019 (onshore applicant)

Date lodged: 14 Mar 2019

Newborn added in July 2019 after email sent to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au with Form 1436, Passport and Birth Certificate (No HAP ID Generated)

CO contact: 17 Dec 2019 to

1. Police Check (I overlooked the fact that I had to submit Police Check for country I spent more than a year counted cumulatively in the last 10 years)

2. Newborn’s health clearance (HAP ID generated)

3. Evidence of alias name and AFP including the alias name. We did not include earlier in the application as the name is not in any official document. The English name is used as my partner’s name is difficult to be pronounced. The employer issued a letter verifying the identity.

Document submitted: 27 Dec 2019 (I didn’t notice I had to click the button confirming I had submitted all the requested documents)

Clicked on the confirmation button: 3 Jan 2020 8am

Visa grant: 3 Jan 2020 11:15am

5 Likes

Congrats !!! Happy new year indeed :slight_smile:

Funny thing is after reading this , i went to my account if the confirm submission button is active, its not active before when i last checked, but just now its active, just clicked it again to be sure, damn . its not active before but we got CO contact two weeks ago for medicals and medicals were done and uploaded. ( thru panel clinic) .

Congratulations ! What’s your occupation code ?

Congratulations for the grant…:tada::tada:

May I please request you to update your case in immitracker so that it is easy for people like me waiting for grant to track the progress…

1 Like

Hey Larry, where exactly is the “Confirm Submission” button. Please let us know. Want to ensure everything is correctly done from my side.

261313, 75 pts Invite: 10 March 2019 Lodges 2nd April 2019 No CO contact.

1 Like

Confirm Button_______, Actions— Attached Documents-- at the bottom of the screen theres a box " I confirm i have provided information as …"

where?? i cant see any its just update details or attache docs

Hi @LarryD In continuation to our discussion from last month regrading redoing the medicals for our spouse, so are the Xrays done again and what did the medical center convey about the abnormal xray the first time around. did they clear them directly this time ?

Hey congratulations, Can you please let us know where do you get that checkbox in our application portal ? It will be of great help.

Confirm button will only appear if you have been contacted by CO for any requirement.

Oh okay. Thank you so much

HI All, Something strange happened with the my 189 PR application, lodged on 8th March 2018. i also uploaded wife’s “PTE Score”. But now under spouse’s document list in the application, there is no option showing Language ability and her earlier uploaded PTE score card. So i uploaded her PTE Score in “Others Documents”. Has any one faced similar situation, plz respond. #263111, 75 points , 189#

I did my PhD from Aus, the day I got my completion letter, I started the process for 189 visa application(without any delays). I secured the right PTE score, got positive skill assessment as a university lecturer, Submitted my EOI with 85 points on 01-June-2019 and got invitation on 11-June-2019. As I already had managed all the documents including health assessment, police checks etc. I applied for 189 visa on the same day (day of invitation) i.e. 11-June-2019. I Was hoping to receive my grant in a few months but alas have not been contacted by CO yet. I am new on this form. Reading all the posts makes me think that it’s not only my application which is suffering from delays, its with everyone.

I also had applied for a four year’s Poststudy work stream visa (485) on 21 May 2019, after receiving my completion letter(Just to be on the safe side). I have been contact by CO over 485 application asking me to submit an updated C.V. which mentions my employment history and form 1221. Funny thing is that Maximum processing time for this visa is upto 4 months (well passed now). I have not received a reply after first CO contact on this application either. some chance they might decide PR application first, as they might suggest me to pull this application back if my PR application is successful. Any comments?

If the 189 gets granted before the 485, then you have to inform them to withdraw the 485.