Offshore Visa Grants

In February this year I applied for PCC. They sent me via normal post. It took a month for whole process.

Do you have any data on processing of applications in financial year 2021-2022??

Can u explain what the PCC is
is it police character certificate?

I have recently lodged a foi week for obtaining this information. Will get results in 2-3 weeks. I will share it here as soon I get it.

Yes you are right.

Thanks, i will wait for this information. I thought they did not start grant for offshore as well as onshore till yet. I think they are waiting for december. Because they do not want to provide the benefits that are automatically revoked from Jan 2022.

Yes i am having same thought.

The forum is locked again

Yeah
looks like covid has decreased in Oz 
good for all of us

Yeah its less than 25k cases a day which is getting lower day by day.

189 forum is still in locked state.

Don’t know when will it open. People are posting negativity there thats why it is getting banned every other month now. Don’t know from where to get updates now.

Hi any update of grant ?

No even onshore are not reporting grants

They are discussing to open visitor visa?? Can we apply for that??

Yes I heard the same news as well. I am not sure about this thing. I will consult a agent next week. I will post the outcome of the consultation here. Hopefully we can apply it.

Never would I imagine tourists being letting in before us pending 190/189/491 but here we are. I asked my agent about going as a tourist and perhaps doing a bridging visa but she says that route is not possible. I didn’t ask about simply going as a tourist because that didn’t interest me. I wouldn’t be able to work or even volunteer for meal and living expenses so it would just waste my savings. I’ve already completed my working holiday visa years ago. I know a guy waiting for a 190 who applied for a WHV last summer and they haven’t even granted that. Australia feels like a mythological place at this point but this year will turn positive for us.

This is a strange country. never heard about any other country who is doing this way

what will be the requirement of visitor visa ? will they grant us?? as they already know we are waiting for our pr.

I’m paraphrasing but I believe during Scott Morrison’s press conference in November, he mentioned the reopening being skilled and temporary workers, students, followed by tourists. It’s actually been close to backwards: students and temp workers, tourists, skilled workers. So while it’s strange, I have seen movement with offshore 190s (even offshore, non-PSMOL occupations), then I imagine 189 will start seeing movement soon as well and anyone else who has a pending application.