Missed Verification Call from DIBP

Hi All,

I have lodged Visa under SC189 for Australia on 22nd November 2016. I have had CO contact regarding some documents which were not clear . Last month I got a call from Aus High Commission , New Delhi which I was unable to take . Since then I have not received any call nor have I received any update regarding my Visa. Though I called back on the same number and the person said that if need be then I may get the call again but it has been almost a month but I haven’t recieved any update regarding it .

Can anyone share his thoughts/experience as to what can be the next course of action .

I know someone who missed a verification call from the DIBP and had their visa 189 denied because of that…

DIBP would not give 1 call, they would call again.

Moreover, they would not refuse the visa straight out, they would send a NJ letter or similar to notify the applicant.

If you are concerned - send the email to CO explaining the situation. I am sure they would call again.

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I did send an email to them explaining my situation but have’t heard anything back from them Also When I called the Aus High Commission , New Delhi they just said that if there be a need we will call you again … but Don’t know when their need may arise :frowning:

Hi NicoleP,

Thanks for your reply

Can you provide any other detail as to in how many days did the person got rejection after the verification call was missed. what was the ANZ code and what was the further step that was taken by that person … Hope don’t have to do that but just curious about it

You see, my observation is, that AHC works based on the instructions of CO, therefore, they most likely provided with the CO with info “applicant did not respon”, CO in turn would re-check the updated in 4-12 weeks (on average), he will then see your e-mail and provide instructions back to call you again… please be aware i am not sure on facts, just based on the timelines i’ve seen this seem to be a probable scenario.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Sorry about your situation.

Usually at which point of the process this happens? I am in EOI submitted stage. Will DIBP call applicant during this stage.

I am curious to know this because, I am on a business trip to different country and so I may not be reachable at times due to time zone differences.

No, this would usually happen after you lodge your visa after you get ITA.

Verification only happens for 5% of applicants.

Thank you for letting know.

any update from your side?

I just submitted EOI, waiting for Invitation.

1 Like

all the best!

Hi all :slight_smile:

I have received NJ because by employer couldn’t receive the verifictaion call, I gave them all the proofs, pics, detailed contact details but till now no one replied or did re verifictaion, it has been since 13 march 2017 when I replied for NJ.

Any idea guys how long it takes, should I send email to gsm.allocate…

It may take quite a while, i saw 6+ months like in your case… and even longer 8-12 months… at least once i remember… so just hang in there Omer! We all pray for you!

Hi Andy Thanks for your wishes :slight_smile:

So you think there is not point of sending them email just wait!!

Hi Same case here I sumitted my final visa application last step) for class 189 Australian visa on Nov 21st 2016 and excatly after 1 year i got call from Australian High commission on 30 Nov 2017.They asked me for last three months payslip and three months bank statement (documents) and roles and responsibilities.Can someone tell me how many days they usually take after these type of verification calls to grant visa.Its more than a year I have been waiting for visa grant. Thanks in advance for the help.

On average 100-120 days after EV.

yes. that’s my view.

1 year for the verification call ??? did you try contacting DIBP during this time ?

Hi Omer, Any update on your NJ case?