IP1 or IP2

Hi all! Could you please help me to understand how close am I to the PPR? I've got an update on medical passed on June 16th. I don't remember what my BG status was at that time, but after a while, when I paid attention it was N/A. Then, on July 19th BG was changed to "we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information" Does it look like IP2?
Background statuses explained: There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping. Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion. Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status. 1. Not needed at this time (NN) 2. Not Started (NS) 3. In Progress (IP) After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows. 1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN) 2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS) 3. In Progress (IP) People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused. Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference. Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders. Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon. Regarding at what stage BG will change?? STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed). STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks. STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC. STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.
1 Like
Yes. It is IP2.
1 Like
This is IP2.
How long does it take from Stage 3 to Stage 4 of background check? Any time-frame, approximately? I'm CEC inland and I applied for BOWP (still no answer on that), so I am anxious to pass R10 before BOWP will be in process.
1 Like
Hi Everyone, thnx much for all the important and precise information; but has raised one query on my mind. Please help me with this:- We have submitted our application on 22nd May (22/05/17) through an agent and on the same date itself we have received "Acknowledgement Of Receipt". We have asked the agent to check if there is any update in our application status on 20th June (20/06/17) ; but nothing got changed:- Review Of Medical Results: You do not need a Medical Exam. We'll send you a message of this changes; Review of Additional Documents: The Additional Documents you provided are being reviewed" ; Background Check : "Not Applicable". After little over a month 14th July (14/07/17) we have asked the status again. At that time , it showed Review Of Medical Results: You Passed the Medical Exam; - this got changed here Review of Additional Documents: The Additional Documents you provided are being reviewed" ; Background Check : "Not Applicable". With little less than two weeks (post 14th July), we got a message from our Agent that "We have received RPRF (Request For Permanent Resident Fee) on 20th July". We paid the required amount on 26th July (26/07/17). At that time, we checked our application status; it was showing: Review Of Medical Results: You Passed the Medical Exam ; Review of Additional Documents: We do not need Additional Documents" ; - this got changed here Background Check : "Not Applicable". We are now not really sure at which stage our application is? Since we haven't been asking for status on daily basis, hence we are not sure if Background Check "Not Applicable" ever got changed (to "In Progress") or not. We'll be asking for another update in 2-3 days now; but we are now sitting on 6th August (06/08/17), 76 days post e-AOR, is it a possibility that our application is in IP2 (In Progress 2)? Can you help us here please!! We'll be extremely grateful!! We are in FSW-Outland Category!! Thanks
1 Like
IP1
https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply! I submitted the application on the 12th of October,2017 and I received AOR on the same day.

Medicals passed was on 18th November, 2017 and then there was a status which said “We are performing a background check” and then it went back to normal on 23rd November.Also, recently on the 30th of November I received an E-mail with the subject " How to find a job in Canada. Since then I haven’t seen any updates in the status.

Regards, Santosh

what is your AOR?

Thanks for the reply! I submitted the application on the 12th of October,2017 and I received AOR on the same day.

Medicals passed was on 18th November, 2017 and then there was a status which said “We are performing a background check” and then it went back to normal on 23rd November.Also, recently on the 30th of November I received an E-mail with the subject " How to find a job in Canada. Since then I haven’t seen any updates in the status.

Regards, Santosh [/quote]

You are in NA2.

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders. Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hello Andy,

I have applied under FSW-Inland. Currently working in Canada for last 3 years.

I created the EE profile on November 27, 2017 and got the ITA on December 6, 2017. I submitted all the documents on December 20, 2017.

On January 19, 2018 I got the request for RCMP. I uploaded the RCMP on January 24, 2018. My medical status is updated as passed and the Background check which was initially reflecting as “Not Applicable” is now been updated as “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”

May I know which stage am I in currently? And with the current trend how long would it take for PPR?

Many Thanks PSD

based on your description IP1.

First.

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders. Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Second. You can estimate your PPR using this tool: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/passport-request-ppr-date-estimator

Hi Friends, I got my medical passed on 15th Feb but below nothing has been changed it shows the old status as stated below:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision

I want to know why my Background Status has not been changed but all other candidates have got NA or IP1 on same day after their medical passed?

Regards

Hey,

For some it may take longer, thrre is no guarantee that background status will jump into NA2 after meds pass… so just be patient. There is nothing wrong.

Dont worry. You are already at IP 1 stage.

Hello Andy, Can you please express your opinion on what is my status Express Entry under Canada CEC class (In Canada)

AOR on Jan-29-2018 Medicals on Feb-09-2018 : Medicals Passed BG Changed on Feb-27-2018 : Your Background check is in progress, will send you message we need more info

After Medicals (Feb-09-2018)

My BG is NA until Feb-27 It would say Medicals passed Currently reviewing additional documents submitted ( I submitted additional 250 words document details about family and I was Having WES, I submitted along with my application, was never asked to provide additional documents ) Then my status got changed on Feb-27-2018 to BG in progress and Additional documents review is done

I submitted RCMP, WES along with my applications

Question :- What is my status is it IP1 or IP2

Based on your description it is IP2.

A lot of applicants had the same update recently, not sure if it has anything to do with a pattern we have observed in the past 12 month, i.e.: NA > IP1 > NA2 > IP2 > PPR… or some new updates will not follow the same trend.

1 Like

hello…. I am august applicant. my current application status is

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help – Application status Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help – Review of eligibility Review of medical results We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details. Help – Review of medical results Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help – Review of additional documents Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help – Interview Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help – Biometrics Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help – Background check Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

i have not received my medical request letter yet. n status updation is like they sent me MR. i keep checking my spam folder as well but no email,

what shall i do now? plz anyone? help me out.