IP1 or IP2

When did it change to We are processing your background check?

it changel on March 1st

Hi folks,

First of all apologies for a question that might seem repetitive, but even after reading this whole thread I did not have a clear understanding of what my BG status is. Below are the significant dates:

• AOR: 27/02/2018
  • Medicals Passed: 08/03/2018
  • BG Status changed: 08/03/2018

Current BG status is : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. This has been so since 08/03/2018 AFAIK. So is this IP1 or IP2? I assumed it was IP1 but now I’m not sure. I’d be ecstatic to be in IP2 but I’ll take IP1 as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Hi,

Just my thoughts from my personal experience as FSW-O applicant and my GCMS notes.

I had the status as you mention twice. From the GCMS notes I understood that my file was processed within 1 month re medical, eligibility and partially criminality. So, the first time status was “We are processing your background check. We will send you …” related to my criminality, which was not fully completed because it was pending a PCC for which I needed first a request letter from IRCC. Then the file went NA (during this time was being done nothing) and thereafter again “We are processing your background check. We will send you …”. This time GCMS notes show that security started.

I think the IP1-NA-IP2 pattern language depends much of what is being done with the file when the status is updated. That’s why some see in progress first and the second time background check …, while others see twice the same in background check status as in my case and probably yours.

All in all most probably you are IP1, though you will know for sure only if ordering GCMS notes.

Sorry for saying nothing done during NA stage, indeed the notes show that during this stage IRCC asked additional docs re my government employment

Thanks mate! That makes sense.

As per me its IP1…

1 Like

Thanks Andy :+1:

How to get a detailed review like this? Please post the link. Thanks !

Below is my status, which seems only “Review of additional documents” changed from received to reviewing since the additionally requested RCMP criminal check uploaded on Aug 10th. Can anyone advise is this IP1 or IP2? There seems no progress for more than a month.

This presumably ip2, Where you have passed (again presumably ) Mediacal, Criminality and Eligibility checks. I am not sure if at this stage Security check is completed or not.

Hi,

I got my AOR on March 26, 2018. Medicals were passed in early April. Current Application status is: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

|Review of eligibility|We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. |Review of medical results|You passed the medical exam. |Review of additional documents|We do not need additional documents. |Interview|You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. |Biometrics|We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. |Background check|Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. |Final decision|Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.|

Is it normal that nothing has changed in over 6 months? I did an online EE application.

Thanks in advance!

Order GCMS notes and call IRCC to check the status of your application.

Hi guys,

I am a FSW outland (an OINP nominee), I received my ITA on 22nd August, submitted and got my AoR on 30th September.

Ever since I have received my AoR, my BG status reads “We are processing your background check…etc”, it hasn’t gone through the (NA) phase at all. Even after I passed my medical test (30th October), and completed my Biometrics requirement (10th November).

My question is; how do I know whether I am at the IP1 or IP2 phase? It just seems very strange that so far the BG status has remained the same.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Guys,

Need help.

My AOR is OCT 19, 2018. Medicals Passed on 16th Nov 2018, ADR Requested - RCMP PCC. Submitted it on January 7th 2019. The additional documents are still being reviewed. Application had moved to IP2 on NOV 17th 2018. Can I know how long will the PPR process will take? I am at IP2 Stage with the Additional Documents being reviewed status. According to Estimation & Analytics, 24th Jan is PPR day for me

HI Mandeep, so did received your PPR now??

can we get IP2 status before clearing the medical??

Hi,

AOR: December 9, 2018

Status as of today: Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Days left: 35

Any suggestions?

Hello Andy, I have a query on my status of application. I have submitted my application through an authorized agent. However, since I am unable to view my application status everytime I need, I would request my agent to send me a screen shot of my application. In the first screenshot shared by the agent on 03May’19, the following were the status messages:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I received BIL dated 9th May’19 and after I submitted my biometrics on 20th May’19, this is what the next screen shot on 21st May’19 mentioned:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Biometrics: Completed.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AOR: 25Mar’19. I have submitted my RPRF fee while submitting my application.

Now, I would like to know if my BG is in IP2 stage as there was no change before medical pass and after medical pass and the statement of BG in IP2 is similar to what I mentioned above? Also, after this how much time will it take to get a PPR request?

Thanks,

Manikantan

I too am in the same boat, however my AOR date is 04 Apr 2019