Why there is no(or very low) activity on 189 Visa Applications?

There seems to be no or very very low activity on 189 visa applications. As per the immitracker, there were a few CO Contacts on 28th April but there have been no Grants since that date(There was only one direct grant on 1st May). Does anybody know any specific reason for this inactivity? I understand that there were a lot of public holidays during last few weeks but 2nd & 3rd May should have some activity....
there are might be a few reasons. If you look at the previous years there is always a quiet period in May-June, as this is the end of financial year.
so you are saying there will be minimal invites this month ?
Well I think in May 2016 there were a good number of grants. And we also have to consider the fact that the use of ImmiTracker has increased year by year so this year there should be more cases registered on immitracker than last year and so more grants. Considering that fact I think there is something unusual having in DIBP. May be they are waiting for new Immigration policy to be finalised!! This is just a guess.... I hope they wont bring any further delays.
it seems they are waiting for the new occupation list which will be released by 1st of June. The processing time has also increased to 5 months now.
Hi All, Is there any whatsapp group for the SC189 visa applicants, where we can share information?
The new SOL is already in the DIBP website , and I see few Direct grants too for all Kind of Skills, Getting frustrated with the wait time, Is there any way to find out what is the exact time rather than the processing times mentioned in the website.
There is no way to find exact processing time. It varies from case to case and from case officer to case officer.
@parinita_ram - add yourself to the whatsapp grp
Any idea why there is no grant ?
We are worried about our application. we lodged aug 2016 & still no grant.We have had contact asking for extra info & they have spoken to ex about form 1229 4 weeks ago. Hoping for a grant asap. Cabinet Maker
Hi guys any whatsapp group for 189 applicants ?
No grant even today ☹️ Whats happening
I have analysed data from previous years amd it seems like every year there is a month when there are very very few grants. June 2016 and June 2015 had very few grants..... but this years its May. I hope this no grants period does not continue for too long.
In 2015 as per the user list of immitracker, around 800 visas were granted and in 2016 it was 1200. The rise in numbers may be due to increase in the number of users. And as you mentioned both years had very less grants in June. Now if we take the case of this year, only around 500 visas have been granted so far and still the dry period started one month earlier. Our bad luck! Waiting waiting waiting...
Yes..... our bad luck.
Yes..... our bad luck.
I checked with Y Axis and they say visa grants are going fine and teh only duration where there are no grants is December & January in a Year owing to their holidays for christmas. Cant do anything other than praying God for good news !
One of my friend residing in Aus, told this morning the visa quota for 2016-2017 is complete. I have checked DIBP site but unable to interpret. In that case all new grant will take place only from July 2017
finally one grant today. this means dibp had slowed the pace and scrutinizing every single case.