What does not applicable mean in permanent residency status

What does not applicable mean in background check of permanent residency status check,

copied from CV:

Hey guys, Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean.

Let me share some common things I have noticed via many posts on this forum and what do the changes mean. If anyone find any mistake or would like to correct the information provided below, please let me know I will make an update in the edit.

Our files are most likely assigned to nearest Visa offices, people also refer them as Local visa office or LVO. And for particular visa offices they use terms as NDVO (New delhi visa office), MVO (Manilla visa office) and so on… How do they decide to which VO to transfer your file, we are not entirely sure, but most likely to the nearest visa office to your current country of residence.

Following is the process how they access your file after you have submitted e-APR

Steps 1, 2 and 3 can go in parallel, after each one of them are complete 4 and then 5 will follow. File transfer to Local VO will happen once step 1,2 and 3 are complete. Local VO will take care of steps 4 and 5.

1. Medical will change to passed (if you have passed the medical exam) – depends on clinic to clinic and country to country, they will check if you don’t any serious conditions like HIV, hepatitis and you wont be a burden on their health care initially.
  2. R10 (Completeness check) – they will verify if they have received all the documents, will notify you if you have missed any
  3. A11.2 (Analyst Recommendation) – they will verify if you are actually eligible for the program you have applied under and calculate CRS and if your CRS was above cutoff for that draw.
  4. Background check and other formalities and checks – here they will verify everything that you have mentioned in your application. Travel history, personal history, work history, criminality check etc… This part is time consuming, it if safe to assume that normally it would take anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Although the BG check time varies heavily. May even exceed the 6 months timeline. No one knows for sure how long will it take for your file.
  5. Final decision – I have seen 1 to 7 days after BG check completed to final decision made. Again, the time will vary and depends on visa officer. In rarest cases they schedule an interview, they are very rare and we have not seen enough cases to conclude anything.

After the final decision has been made, you will receive a passport request (PPR) where you have to submit your passport for stamping and 4 photographs along with it. Your visa will be then stamped with the most awaited maple leaf visa along with CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and you will have to make a first landing before the specified expiry date on CoPR.

Below are the “normal” change of statuses and “general” time period.

1. Application/profile status : Open (Will stay open until a final decision has been made)
  2. Review of eligibility : In progress (Mostly it will stay like this until a final decision has been made)
  3. Review of Medical results : No needed to Passed (Generally it will take 1 day to 2 months)
  4. Review of submitted documents : No documents required at this time to Requested additional documents (or something like that if they have requested any new documents). Requested additional documents to Provided then to Received (the status will change to Provided once you have successfully uploaded the documents and once they have confirm that documents are the correct ones the status will change to Received). No additional documents needed at this time (This will stay like this for rest of your application if they have not requested any additional documents)
  5. Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time (Probably will stay like that throughout your application unless you have an schedule interview)
  6. A background check is needed : This varies from VO to VO, I am mentioning general trends in statuses Not needed at this time to Not started to again Not needed at this time to In progress – This tend is generally for NDVO. Not needed at this time to In progress : CEC applicants will generally have this status change. Not started to In progress : Some CEC applicants and other VOs generally have this status change. Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress : Some people have not started as their initial status and sometimes it will follow like this Not needed at this time to Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress to Not needed at this time to In progress : Sometimes or generally NDVO follows this trend. Some applicants have noticed this kind of change of statuses. Not need to worry they got their PR after second time it changed to In progress. In progress to passed : This will happen if you have passed the background check.
  7. Final decision : Not started to Decision made – this will happen after your BG changes to passed.

The above timelines I have outlined are based on hundreds of forum posts and following the general trend. These timeline varies drastically and one can only speculate on it. There is no analytics site that predicts accurate PPR date from AOR even with hundreds of cases on their tracker.

If there is any communication from CIC, any good news or bad news, you will be informed via your my CIC profile. So be sure to check it regularly. Even though they send out e-mail if there has been any changes in our applications, I have seen cases of e-mail not getting delivered to applicant. So be sure to login and check your profile every single day.

I hope you all find this post helpful. Please let me know if there is any information that is wrong or if you have any suggestions. In addition to that lets be hopeful and post our experience, questions, doubts and answers here in forums and help each other out.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply! But I still don’t get it; I got medical request and ADR on the 7th of June. Medical passed on the 20th. My Additonal documents received on the 28th of June though my status on my account changed to documents not needed but on Tuesday this week saw my status changed to not applicable on my background check. That’s what’s keeping me bothered. Thanks.

That’s a standard flow, you can not avoid being in NA, the ADR or no ADR you will still be in NA:

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/faq/what-are-the-stages-in-canadian-pr-journey?articles[q]=IP1&category=