Visa Grant Delay 189

In the past, people have spoken of a trend where the Grants are released by DHA based on the demand for a particular skill. I looked at immitracker data for the trends for 261313, the last Direct Grant for offshore is still at 18 March and very few CO Contacts for cases after that. Yes and it definitely depends on the CO and also each case like the time it takes for employment verification, etc. for every individual may greatly vary.

1 Like

I also believe they might be assigning cases to CO by job code. Since that would mean a CO who is experienced in processing a particular job code becomes more efficient since he has already seen many of those.

3 Likes

yes we can speculate as much, helps keep sane :slight_smile:

hi guys !! finally wait is over for me now… got a DG today (Jan-28-2020) !!

ANZSCO - : 261313 PTE - : 10-Oct-2018 (L-90 R-82 S-90 W-84) ACS Submitted - : 12-Jan-2019 ACS Positive - : 01-Feb-2019 EOI Submitted - : 01-Feb-2019 (75 points) EOI ITA - : 10-Mar-2019 PCC-USA-FBI - : 09-Mar-2019 PCC-USA-State/Local - : 17-Dec-2019 PCC-India - : 13-Mar-2019 Medical - : 22-Mar-2019 Lodge - : 31-Mar-2019 Grant - : 28-Jan-2020

7 Likes

@Sishir I lodged my application for 261312 on 15 Nov 2018. CO contacted on 20 Feb 2019. Since then no updates. Submitted the complaint recently, waiting for its response.

2 Likes

Wow ! Spooky ! Someone is reading our messages! Congrats @kgupta10!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations Buddy…:slight_smile:

It is with great happiness to share with you guys that I have received my grant an hour ago: date of lodgement - March 26, 2019. Mechanical Engineer

10 Likes

Just trying to think about their preferences to pick up cases for processing - Is your graduation in IT/non-IT ? and what is your total years of experience ?

Congrats!

Hi All,

I am unable to read through all the conversations as the thread has surpassed 2000… could some one please clarify on the below?

1. Does picking up the application depend on the EOI points?

2. I submitted the final application on 3rd May 2019 with payment and then added my health examination on 21st May 2019. Based on which date my application will be queued?

Cheers, Arun

I dont think so that its related to IT/NonIT background or experience. I m from IT background , applied on 75 points. Who is your case officer from which ofce ?

Points dont matter after invite. Applications are picked upon the ageing once applied.

Hi Arun

1. Does picking up the application depend on the EOI points? - No, once you got invited, EOI points are just used to determine how many docs you need to submit related to related points. From my own view, 80 with 85 have no difference in relation to priority.

2. For your case, it should be queued with date 03/05/19. Hope all helps.

This is not necessarily true. If that’s the case, we would seen all cases before latest grant get at least a CO contact.

Not necessary, most times there is no CO contact. The delay is due to case complexity like no of applicants, employment verification, etc. or other reasons which only DHA knows. Points don’t matter after EOI.

1 Like

What I have told to my self is the day I am fully ready to move, my grant will come. In all the respect job,family, new life style. If its written it will happen, just prepare yourself well mentally, physically and technically(professionlly) well by the time invite comes. This is what I am thinking.

4 Likes

Again, if you are confident that you’ve submitted all pertinent documents. You have nothing to worry about. All the clients of my migration agent were given direct grants and was processed normally following the trends from DHA.

2 Likes

Hey all, Just got my grant. Lodged on 29th March 2019. Finally the wait is over.

7 Likes

lodged on nov 2018, got CO contact in july, but i never lodged a feedback or formal complaint, i guess it’s not gonna help in case processing.

1 Like

I see you lodged your EOI couple of months back. Normal to have this kind of patience and optimism in your early stages. I too had it.

Will be interesting to see how it’s sustained over a period of few months, or years. :yum:

1 Like