Validity of medical results & PPC - Express Entry FSW

Hi everyone,

I have recently received a new ITA under FSW, after getting a refusal for previous application a month ago (Medical passed in June 02, 2017). My medical expires in the end of March, 2018. Should I take a new medical test or the old one is still valid for a new application? According to CIC the validity of medical exams is one year, but maybe they want to see the results that are valid within six months of application processing time…

Same question about Police certificates from the countries I visited in the past for more than 6 months(not my Residence country).

Many thanks for your help!

Hey,

You are good with medicals, it is indeed valid for 12 months.

Now, in terms of PCC, if after the issuance of the PCC you have visited the country again - you need a new one.

Obviously, if you have been in any additional countries since last application, new one would be required.

Otherwise:

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply. have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

All the best.

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot! I guess, once I get my visa I would have to land within a year of the date of the medical. Do you think, I can use my old medicals to submit the application and to take a new examination later, while the application is in progress?

Thanks! Anastasia

Depending on when you apply, if now, then you have a good chance of getting your ppr within the validly of your meds - at least chances are are quite high.

1 Like