Passport Request (PPR) - Indian & US Citizen Passport confusion

Greetings, I received the request to submit my and my family/dependents passports for confirmation of permanent residence to Ottawa visa office. Now I and my husband both are Indian Citizens working in the United States since last 4 years. Our daughter was born here in the United States and is a US citizen and holds a US passport. From the email instructions, we clearly understand that I have to send my and as well my husband's original passports for confirmation of permanent residence. The email also, says if you are a US citizen, then you don't need to send the passport, you can just send the photo copy. Now, our case is a mix of both cases. My query is, should I send my daughter's original passport, along with our passport or should I only send the photo copy of my daughter passport. Now, If I don't send my daughter's US passport, then what happens if we go to India and from there we go to Canada and board the Canada fight. Me and my husband passport will have the Canada confirmation of permanent residence visa stamp, but on my daughter's passport, there won't be any stamp. Will the Airport officials allow a US Citizen to board a Canadian flight without a Canadian Visa from India. I am confused here. Thanks for any help. Regards,
I don't think a US passport holder has to acquire visa to travel to Canada .. so that shud be fine for u. Just to make sure it's okay , u can call up the cic call centre to find out

Your daughter will receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and an instruction letter http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16

and for residency card - only copy of the passport will need to be sent right?