Passport request letter received but no RPR request yet

Hi,

I received a passport request letter from Delhi immigration office on the 2nd of Feb 2018. I submitted by application on 22nd June 2017 and at the time of application - I only paid the application fee and not the RPR.

From looking at the forum it looks like you receive the email request to pay the RPR first and then only the request for passport - but I haven’t received an email or an update on my CIC re the RPR.

Does anybody have a similar situation. Generally I understand that if I receive a passport request letter, it is an indication that I am very likely to receive a PR, but I am now concerned as there is no details of paying the RPR fee at all.

I have emailed delhi office to ask the same and if I dont receive a reply, I will go ahead and submit the passport to VFS anyway, but any information regarding this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you mean RPRF fee?

Please also try to call CIC directly on Canada number.

You are not the first one who had this issue… but not sure how other cases resolved.

Please kep us posted.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Yes, I meant the RPRF fee. It looks like I cannot call the CIC on the Canada number if I am based in India - it is only for people in Canada?

I will definitely keep my outcome posted on the forum.

You can call using one of the apps, such as skype or other. CIC might direct you to Delhi VO - but i trust if worth giving a try.

Hi, so here’s the update. I did not receive any email from the Delhi immigration office and also multiple calls to the Canada number did not work - from skype etc etc. So I went ahead and paid the RPRF on the CIC website and I got an acknowledgement and receipt. Then on the 9th of Feb, I submitted my passports at VFS as requested along with the receipt for the RPRF, . On the 17th of Feb, I received the passport back with the visa stamped on it.

I am aware that it might be possible that i am asked on landing for the RPRF receipt if their system does not update, so I will need to carry the receipt with me as well.

From looking at this, I think an RPRF fee can be paid anytime using the CIC website.

Good luck to all applying.

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you very much for sharing!