Passport Renewal - Problem

Hi All, I have AOR on 15th June, 2017. My problem is with the passport expiry. My passport expires in August 2018. I have used this one for all medicals, Police clearance etc. Now, if I take worst case scenarios and if my stamping happens by Jan or Feb 2018, I will have exactly 6 months or less as a valid passport. Now, my question is, should I get my passport renewal in the coming 15 days or so. Or Should I wait till stamping happens which looks risky. (I have an appointment with passport office on 21st June. Comtemplating what to do) Q1. Should I go ahead and get it renewed? Q2. In case of renewal, how should I inform and whom should I inform? Or I should add both passports and a letter to VO? Q3. Is there a risk that my application is cancelled because of not producing same passport? Requesting Help! Thanks Hari
Someone, Please help. My Passport Renewal appointment is on 21st June. Need to take a call before that.

You can renew your passport and raise CSE and give your new passport details. There will be no adverse effect for renewing.

Hi,

What is a CSE? I did not raise any till now. Kindly help me on that.

Thanks Hari

Hi Kishan235,

CSE is Case specific inquiry If you want to - I want to:

• ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • report a technical problem then you may raise a CSE.

The link for raising can be found in your AOR. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Keep us posted about your CSE.