NSW 222311 Financial Adviser 65 + 5 awaiting invite

Congrats bluesea8023, Keep us posted with the progress.

Thanks.Waiting for your good news.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to submit my EOI for 222311. Need guidance. Can you tell me where should I submit my EOI. Also please share your experience, incase I should take care of anything while submitting my EOI.

Hi All, I want to know when is the right time to add a spouse to your application? I am engaged and I am thinking of adding that to my application. Will it make a difference? At which stage should I add it to avoid issues? before ITA? After ITA? Before Visa? After visa? Please guide on this.

Hi Guys

I had a quick question , I am also planning to apply under financial investment adviser, in the next 2-3 months. I just sent my skills assessment to VETASSESS, how long did it take for you guys to get assessed? Any answer is much appreciated.

Hi Samk, close to 2 months in my case

Thanks

Congratulations yellow_hunk. I could see you got the invite. Wish you Luck!!!

Thanks whitewhale. Not sure whats next and what are the chances. Whats your status?

I am still waiting for Vetassess. Its being 5 weeks now. Waiting for Positive Outcomeā€¦BTWā€¦it still shows In Progress. How did it change in your caseā€¦??

You will get an email with a detailed outcome letter. And it takes around 2 months. So dont worry.

Fingers crossed!!! Just concerned because no communication is done with the employer yet and I have submitted the Stat Decls.

Hi all,

Iā€™m hoping as people who have already been through the vetassess process someone will be able to offer some advice on my query. My boyfriend and I are looking to submit EOIā€™s for 190 visas. Our occupations are both on the short term list. My boyfriend is working as a financial advisor in London, he has completed his level 4 qualifications and is studying towards chartered (level 6). He also has a bachelors degree although Iā€™m not sure it is classed as relevant as it is in Business and Economics (from a UK university). Iā€™m wondering what qualifications those of you who have successfully had your vetassess assessment for 222311 have? Essentially I donā€™t know if he can get his quals and experience assessed at this stage (with his degree and level 4 qual) or whether he needs to complete the level 6 exams first?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Lisa

Hi, I do not have any knowledge about the courses you have mentioned but I can say that Vetassess only assesses experience and not qualifications. So if your husband is doing a job for which he is putting an application, it shud be good. All the best !

Other members please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you yellow_hulk for the quick response. The vetassess website states the following so I am a little confusedā€¦

VETASSESS full skills assessment involves assessing your qualifications and employment against the suitability of your nominated occupation. Qualification assessment involves assessing the educational level comparability of your qualifications on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and determining relevance of your qualifications for your nominated occupation. Employment assessment involves determining whether your work experience (obtained either in Australia or overseas) is at an appropriate skill level and relevant to your nominated occupation. https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/general-occupations/application-process

In the UK to work as a financial advisor you are required to hold a UK diploma in financial advice (UK level 4) and you can work toward chartered status with a UK advanced diploma (UK level 6, equivalent to a bachelors degree here). My boyfriend already has a bachelors degree, in business and economics and additionally has the diploma in financial planning (UK level 4).

I think where the confusion comes in is that 222311 falls into Group B, for which vetassess state the following:

Group B Skills Assessment Criteria: Qualification(s) assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years;

Or Qualification(s) assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree with an additional qualification at least Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study and at least two years of post qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years;

Or Qualification(s) assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree without a highly relevant field of study and at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years;

Essentially Iā€™m trying to determine what they class as highly relevant field of study for this role. It would be really helpful to understand what qualifications others who have had successful assessments hold please?

Thanks again,

Lisa

Hey yellow_hulk,

I have received my Vetassess with negative outcome. I am not sure why this has happened because my experience is highly relevant but could be they may have not understood. I have experience in the valuation of the investment portfolios. I may have not shown it properly hence they say that the experience is not highly relevant. I will be doing the reassessment but want to make sure I do it properly. Your advice will be highly appreciated. I can connect offline as well, if you prefer.

Thanks

Hi @whitewhale, do you mind sharing your qualifications? Thanks and best of luck for the reassessment! Lisa

@Lisat89 i guess u r right. They will assess the education credentials and see if they are comparable to australian standards and points out of 20 will be based on that. What is the score coming to now?

@whitewhale : Valuation of portfolios is a completely different occupation when compared to a Financial Investment Adviser. A financial investment adviser will sell appropriate financial products to their clients and manage their portfolio. Please try applying for other relevant occupations. I am not sure but I guess a Finance Manager occupation might auit your role. Please check the entire CSOL for the closest occupation and reapply. All the best !

@Lisat89 MBA in Finance.

Hello, I have applied for SC190 NSW with Web Developer - ANZSCO 261212 yesterday. Total score is 80 (including ss)

Need help in understanding whether I am qualified for NSW Stream 2 or not and what are the chances of getting an invite. Note: my skill is not there in NSW priority list, however, it is there in STSOL. PS: couldnā€™t find any info related to my skill (web developer) at immi tracker

Appreciate any help!