My status changed from NA2 to IP2 in just one day.. more than 100 cases turned to IP2 today.. is there some technical error?

My status changed from NA2 to IP2 in just one day… more than 100 cases turned to IP2 today… is there some technical error??

me2. Yesterday there was some system maintainence.

I don’t think so… if there was some maintenance, they would have updated on the site… no such information

Was it due to the system maintenance? that most of the status changed to IP2?

This is so annoying! If the stress wasn’t enough, now everyone has been moved to a state (IP2) without any real meaning, losing the little logic we could use to predict anything.

We could see if there is anyone moving forward to ppr state these days…

From IRCC’s Twitter account (on a Feb 27th post with an image that reads “Our services are now available”):

“If you applied to come to Canada temporarily, this update is a tech issue which we’re working to resolve. If you’re seeing the update for an app to come to Canada permanently, the info is accurate and part of a system update to provide more transparent info.”

That means it is a real move… not system maintenance

I have interpreted it slightly different: yes, it is a real move but, in the past, PPR was triggered once the BG status changed to that IP2 message, which seemed to happen as soon as they’ve actually finished the BG check. Now, it looks like the IP2 message is shown once they are ready to start the BG check (which could take months to be completed). I’m assuming once it’s finished, we would go to the NA3 phase (BG check finished for sure, PPR go/no go decision), that would normally happen way after the PPR was already sent (as a late update).

Those are just my two cents, since it’s really impossible to know for sure what the new “transparency” procedures are.

They have started issuing ppr’s… our interpretation was wrong… they have actually speedened up their process…

No [quote=“Puneet0311, post:11, topic:4195, full:true”] They have started issuing ppr’s… our interpretation was wrong… they have actually speedened up their process… [/quote]

not a single indication of such… sorry.