Moving to Nova Scotia FAQ

I will update and add questions in relation to Nova Scotia.

The answers will be kindly provided by Suman who lives in Halifax.

Let me start with from the beginning.

Question: Where in Halifax should I live?

Answer: Halifax is centred around north end south end (downtown) east end(downtown) west end

main avenue clayton park(north of north avenue😁)

further north is bedford if you cross the river is dartmouth so ppl try to settle in either of the 3 cities halifax bedford dartmouth

Question: What is the cost of living for 4 family members

Answer: 2 kids you will get 1100$ CCB + 110$ GST money from govt for 1st 2 years initial 2-3 months expense will be more than 2000$ after that 1200-1500$ max

Question: Can you please tell the rents of this Bayers Park?

Answer: It’s 800-1200 range

Some examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gtVDkB442A

Question: What is the most international area of Halifax?

Answer: Bayers park is common community to all different groups.

Question: are there any good schools in Halifax?

Answer: Most of the schools are good, according to some, some people say the older the school the better, my son goes to Westmount school - it is an excellent school. All schools are run by: HRSB.ca

Question: Who can help me to settle?

Answer:

1. CIIP by CIC IRCC
  2. ISANS Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia
  3. Job Junction
  4. YMCA www.ymcahrm.ns.ca
  5. SOPA Settlement Online Pre-Arrival www.arriveprepared.ca
  6. settlementonline.ca
  7. www.isans.ca
  8. nextstopcanada.ca
  9. www.halifaxinfo.com
  10. Halifax Regional School Board www.hrsb.ca

Question: What are the largest employers in Halifax, NS?

Answer: Please refer to: https://www.novascotia.ca/finance/publish/LEMP/pub11.pdf

1 Like

If any of you have any questions, please raise it here, we will try to answer it.

Which place is considered as job hub in NS? Spcly IT

i think the only place, where IT industry considerably present is Halifax.

Sydney is way too small, it seems.

Let other members confirm too.

How do I get a Job offer in Nova Scotia from overseas. Please note I am currently residing in Australia.

hello from Sydney.

Its not easy, what domain are you in?

Which place is considered as job hub in NS? Spcly Finance and Accounts ?

How about the medical systems of NS? is it required to take Preliminary medical insurance for initial months ? private pregnancy coverage insurance is available or not? please suggest the best and cost effective ways.

When Nova Scotia Draws are going to open next?

I still hope that they will open this year, not sure if the quota has been exhausted yet.

How to know provincial nomination application is going to open ?

As per me, as i said above, generally jobs are consolidated in big cities - for NS it is Halifax.

I’ve done quite a bit of research and there are limited vacancies anywhere else in NS, the hub is Halifax, most of the jobs are there.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have applied for Nova scotia PNP - July 5; 2017 and its under progress

I am a social worker by qualification, and gained experience as administrative assistant; My wife is an experienced nurse

Appreciate if you could give me the following information

Will I get any kind of survival jobs once I reach Canada?

Will we get cheaper accomadation for families in novo scotia

Living in NS weather it is expensive ?

For my wife, till she passes the RN exam, will she able to get a job as a carer for the intial survival

I have two kids, elder is 2 years and the younger is 8 months; is there any day care center to look after children if we both are working

And finally till we get any job in Nova scotia, will the govt give any financial support

Kindly reply me for the above even though these are many questions ?

thank you

Please check here:

Question: Where in Halifax should I live?

Answer: Halifax is centred around north end south end (downtown) east end(downtown) west end

main avenue clayton park(north of north avenue😁)

further north is bedford if you cross the river is dartmouth so ppl try to settle in either of the 3 cities halifax bedford dartmouth

Question: What is the cost of living for 4 family members

Answer: 2 kids you will get 1100$ CCB + 110$ GST money from govt for 1st 2 years initial 2-3 months expense will be more than 2000$ after that 1200-1500$ max

Question: Can you please tell the rents of this Bayers Park?

Answer: It’s 800-1200 range

Some examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gtVDkB442A10

Question: What is the most international area of Halifax?

Answer: Bayers park is common community to all different groups.

Question: are there any good schools in Halifax?

Answer: Most of the schools are good, according to some, some people say the older the school the better, my son goes to Westmount school - it is an excellent school. All schools are run by: HRSB.ca2

Question: Who can help me to settle?

Answer:

CIIP by CIC IRCC ISANS Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia Job Junction YMCA www.ymcahrm.ns.ca SOPA Settlement Online Pre-Arrival www.arriveprepared.ca settlementonline.ca1 www.isans.ca nextstopcanada.ca www.halifaxinfo.com Halifax Regional School Board www.hrsb.ca Question: What are the largest employers in Halifax, NS?

Answer: Please refer to: https://www.novascotia.ca/finance/publish/LEMP/pub11.pdf11

hi … me too looking for job offer. Software Test Engineer.

My past exp are as under: 5 years as Software Test Engineer. Past exp. in 2 years in TEch support and BPO / Call Centre: US Sales, Debt Collections ,Tech Support.

Ready to work in ANY of the above CATEGORY (IT.ITES or BPO/CallCentre)

Any leads where I can apply for job?

Regards, Nick

have you landed?

Hi Andy,

What are the next steps after receiving nomination in NS PNP? Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Your nomination will go against you EE profile, you will get extra 600 points, and in the next draw you will receive an ITA.

@Andy-MyImmiTracker - Hi Andy, I want to know if there is a way to rent an apartment before arriving. If not then what should I do for initial days as I don’t know anyone in Nova Scotia. Please advise the best economical options.

Thanks in advance!