LOE Sample for Canada PR (letter of explanation CIC)

There is no standard format for LOE.

Depending on what you are using the LOE for (POF, absence of formal reference letter, difference in name etc), you will have to customise the letter.

Basically LOE, would include the following.

• Explain the situation why you are taking/have to take a deviation from CIC requirement (for example: why you cannot get a specific document in a required format, or why the names are different in different documents, or why you do not have 6 months bank statements etc etc)
  • What proactive steps you have taken to meet CIC requirement.
  • What documents you have arranged and list them in the order you have attached them.
  • Polite request to the officer to consider your case based on your specific situation and the alternate documents that you have submitted.

`This particular LOE (letter of explanation for cic) addresses POF points.

Date: 00/00/0000

To,

The Immigration Officer,

IRCC, Government of Canada,

Canada.

Subject: Letter of explanation for Express Entry-FSW application (Application no.)

Dear Officer,

I want to thank you for the invitation to apply for the Permanent Residency received 1th May 2018 under the Express Entry-FSW stream. I have uploaded all the required documents on the CIC web portal. A detailed list of all the attached documents can be found in the Appendix I .

For our settlement in Canada, I will be bringing in $00000 CAD in settlement funds to support me and my accompanying spouse. I usually transfer my savings to my wife who then transfers our monthly savings from her bank account [bank name] into her savings account (bank name, account number: 00000000 ). My spouse(name of spouse) is currently the sole account holder of the [Bank name] account. The ‘Proof of Means of Financial Support’ section in application includes all our bank details along with following documents:

· The last 6 months’ statements of her bank name Savings account,

· Bank account verification letter and,

· Screen shot of the account home page with full account number displayed.

· Letter signed by my wife stating no objection from her to use the funds from her account for our settlement in Canada.

Additionally, I have provided a detailed explanation ( Table 1 ) and additional supporting documents ( Appendix II ) for all deposits in our salary accounts > USD$000.00 from last 6 months. This excludes our payroll deposits and the transactions that happened between me and my accompanying spouse. Recently, I closed two of my credit card accounts and have attached the account closing letters below ( Appendix II ). Me and my wife solemnly declare that we have not borrowed any money for our settlement in Canada and all the deposits in our accounts come from our payroll/savings.

Sincerely,

[Primary Applicant] [accompanying spouse] +1-000-000-0000 +1-000-000-0000 xyz@gmail.com xyz@gmail.com Table 1: Summary of deposits > $000 in our salary accounts

(Bank Name)

(Account holder’s name)

(Account number)

(Transaction date (dd/mm))

(Page No.from Proof of Financial Means document)

(Description as on Statement)

(Transaction Amount (USD)) : USD$000.00

(Source of Funds): [explain in short]

(Additional Supporting Documents (Appendix II)): Bulleted list of supporting documents you want to attach

(Additional information about the transaction): [Explain in detail]

-------------------------The following list will be different for everyone. This is just a sample ------------------------

APPENDIX I: DOCUMENTS ATTACHED WITH MAIN APPLICATION

Primary Applicant – [Applicants name]

A) Passport/Travel Documents

1. Passport​

2. Valid Visa from old passport​

B) Marriage License/Certificate

1. Marriage Certificate​

C) Police Certificate: USA

1. FBI PCC from USA​

D) Police Certificate: India

1. Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2. Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

E) Proof of Medical Exam

1. E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

F) Education (Diplomas/Records)

1. IELTS Report​

2. WES Report​

3. Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]​

4. Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]​

5. Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]​

6. Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

G) Employment Records

1. Official Employment letter from Employer​

2. Last 6 months paystubs​

H) Proof of Means of financial Support

1. No objection Certificate from [spouse name] for the use of Funds from her account​

[applicant name] Bank Details

1. [Bank name] – Account Summary Letter​

2. [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

3. [Bank name]- Screen shot of Account Home page​

4. [Bank name] - Account Summary Letter​

5. [Bank name] - Last 6 months bank statements.​

[spouse name] Bank Details

1. [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

2. [Bank name]- Account Summary Letter​

3. [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

4. [Bank name]– Account Summary Letter​

5. [Bank name]- Last 6 months bank statements.​

I) Digital Photo

1. Digital Photo for [applicant name]​

Supporting Documents – [Accompanying spouse name](Accompanying spouse)

A) Police Certificate USA

1. FBI PCC from USA​

B) Police Certificate: INDIA

1. Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy at [city name], USA​

2. Police clearance certificate stamp from the passport​

C) Passport/Travel Documents

1. Passport​

2. Valid Visa from old passport​

D) Proof of Medical Exam

1. E-Medical Receipt (Form)​

E) Education (diplomas/degrees)

1. IELTS Report​

2. WES Report​

3. Degree Certificate – MS [Degree]

4. Official Transcripts – MS [Degree]

5. Degree Certificate – B.E. [Degree]

6. Official Transcripts – B.E. [Degree]​

F) Employment Records

1. Official Employment letter from Employer​

2. Last 6 months paystubs​

G) Digital Photo

1. Digital Photo for [spouse name]​

------------In Appendix II we attached the documents that we had mentioned in the table and other documents we felt will strengthen our case-------------

APPENDIX II: ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (Attached below)

A) [Document 1]

B) [Document 2]

C) [Document 3]

D) [Document 4]

Employment LOE

Letter of explanation Date: 11-Apr-2017 Place: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To whom ever it may concern:

I, xxxxxxxxxxxxx, writing this letter to support and explain my permanent residency application.

Explanation for principal applicant: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Proof of funds: As mentioned on CIC website, I don’t need to show proof of funds since I am invited under Canadian Experience Class.

2. Work experience: I have claimed points for two years of Canadian skilled work experience in NOC xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have gained this experience by working in two Canadian companies

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Ltd: Nov 2012- Feb 2016, July 2016 – Continuous (two years) I have submitted offer of employment, job duties letter, pay stubs, record of employment and T4 for two years of xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Inc: June 2016- July 2016 (one month) For work experience of Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Inc, I was unable to obtain current date work experience letter for one month. I have attached Job offer, pay stubs, record of employment, T4, general job duties letter and email conversation with human resources manager of Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Inc

I claimed 46 points for two years of work experience and I satisfy requirement on invitation date with Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Ltd

1. Education: I have bachelor degree in xxxxxxx obtained in India and evaluated by WES. I also have two years of Canadian post graduate diploma in xxxxxxx obtained from xxxxxxx, ON.

2. Forms update: I updated few forms after invitation for minor correction. • I, by mistake, answered yes in valid job offer question but I did not claim 50 points for arranged employment. I have changed my answer to no. • I was unable to obtain job experience letters in CIC required format for all my NOC C work experiences. I moved all work experience to personal history to avoid unnecessary document upload. Since it was all NOC C work experience, it did not change my score.