Grant after Employee verification

Dear all, I have just received EV and my HR has “positively” replied to AHC, on 6/12/2017. Further, I have got a phone call from AHC regarding my job profile on 07/12/2017. Is there any optimist time, considering the commencing holiday season across Australia, by which I can expect the grant?

Thanks in advance.

I would not anticipate to hear anything prior to April 2018. If you hear sooner… then you are lucky.

Hey! Did the AHC call your latest company or all other previous companies? Any idea if they would call all the previous companies for verification?

Hi Rit_Z, AHC mailed for information to my current company. The next day I received a call from them seeking some information about the previous company and job profile. It seems from the dialogue that AHC was unable to contact any person from my previous company. As a matter of fact, my previous company has been taken over by some other company in year 2012. So they asked me to provide the bank statement for my previous company, which I did within an hour. I believe that once EV has started than each and every company will be frisked for evidences. I hope this suffices your question.

Feel free to contact me.

1 Like

Many thanks for your feedback.

My problem is that I was paid by cash. I can’t show proof of bank statements OR tax/EPF (the salary I got as fresh graduate was very low and non-taxable). But I can get the Salary Certificate Letter by the company indicating my tenure at the company with my salary (including the fact that I was paid by cash). Would that letter be sufficient for proof of employment apart from the verification calls that may/may not happen?

Thanks again!

1. Talk to the company HR, if there exists any, regarding issuance of a certificate mentioning roles and responsibility of yours during the tenure of your job. This certificate will complete your PR application.
  2. Tell the HR that DIBP may call you regarding your PR file and do take them in confidence that they are going to reply positively once EV has been initiated.
  3. The letter that you have mentioned will also be helpful, but DIBP will definitely call your company. In case, the concerned person from your company replies to their mail. Your case will be cleared.

I hope your doubt has been replied to but in case of doubt or further clarification do reach me out.

Abhijeet Singh:

PS: The way you have been employed, you seems to have been living in North India. Am I correct?

Hello again Abhijeet!

Thanks a bunch for the reply again. I am actually a Sri Lankan Quantity Surveyor.

I have one last doubt: In my R&R letter, it was required for my immediate supervisor to draft this letter on the company letterhead which was passed on to my skills assessment body. I have to attach this letter I suppose? However, I am planning to get a salary certificate letter endorsed by the HR separately and attach it as proof of salary. Here, the HR will be endorsing.

So I’m confused if they’d call the HR or my supervisor who gave me the R&R letter. The HR of my first company may not be able to describe my job role in detail- might not even answer calls occasionally. That’s what I’m worried. Any advice?

Thanks again!

I am also in same boat. My first company was paid in cash and now CO is asking for bank statement/PF/Tax documents. I dont have these documents.

Have you got any update about your application?