Civil Engineer-233122

Hi,

I have submitted my application on 23th may 2018 for VIC-190-70 points and 65 points for 189 visa. On June 13th I have filed for NSW-190 -70 points. Occupation: Civil engineer, 233211. Claimed points for Experience: 15 P , language: 10 P. What are the chances of getting an invitation? If so which one will be the first? Should I wait until 189-invitation is picked instead of state nomination?

Can someone please respond

Hi,

It’s very difficult to get an invitation for 189 with your current points (65) as it’s the basic requirement to file an EOI after July 2018. You may have a chance under 190 in VIC or NSW. However, NSW gives priority to English Language than Experience. So a person with same points as you with English 20 points has more chance of receiving an invite faster than you.

I would fill an EOI for both 189 and 190 (NSW & VIC) and take whichever comes first. In the meantime, I’d work on getting 20 for my English if I were you. There’s a fat chance of you getting a 189 invite if you can add 10 more points (75) for your Profession.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply.

hi buddy, I am in the same boat as far as the points are concerned. Is thr any update on your sides with regards to ur pr process ??1

Hi @Ani09 and @Ganesh_Bhanushali

I am also in the same boat - lodged an EOI for 190 (NSW) with 70 points. Any updates?

@jokaboy @Ganesh_Bhanushali No update! case status remains the same. When did you guys lodged your application?

@Ani09 lodged mine on the 24th of August. I suppose I won’t be able to expect an invitation from NSW anytime soon :pensive:

@jokaboy you might receive it earlier than my case since you have 20 points under language skills. NSW prefers eight band scorers. Good luck!