CDR ASSESSMENT - ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA

Hi,

I’m Jay Joshi from India. I and my wife are trying to immigrate to Australia as skilled immigrants.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and I’ve already accomplished my CDR+RSA assessment through Engineers Australia.

My wife will the secondary applicant in our application. She has done Masters (Major) in Technology - Mechanical (CAD-CAM) & Bachelor in Engineering - Production Engineer.

As far as I’m aware, she will need to provide English competency (e.g. IELTS 6.0, etc.) and qualification assessment.

She is an Engineer, but by profession she is a professor. She has taught in two different engineering colleges since 2009. Her bachelor’s degree is of Production Engineer, but as she has worked as a Professor, her work responsibilities are quite different from a field production engineer (different from the defined standards of Production Engineer mentioned in several Australian websites). However, she only require CDR assessment, hence I believe her work experience wouldn’t be a concern for evaluation. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Please someone suggest whether to get her assessment from EA or any other body. I have heard that University Tutor/ Lecturer has to provide assessment through VETASSESS. However, I believe this could have been the case if she was a primary applicant. Not sure though. Please suggest.

1. In addition, she would like to base her career episodes on the projects, training, and other tasks that she performed during her graduation and post graduation education. Please suggest if it advisable. If possible, please also suggest if there is any specific detail that she should/must mention in her career episodes. If someone could share their own career episodes based on their college projects/training that it would be much more helpful.

Please help.

Jay