Advice needed re: choosing NOC for EE profile

Dear friends,

I am planning to submit an Express Entry profile next month and I am wondering whether there’s a heirarchy in ranking occupations chosen under the NOC in the EE process. I have sufficient experience in three NOC’s (two under Skill Level A and one under Skill Level B) for more or less similar periods of time - is there an occupation more favourable than the other?

Thanks!

There is an clause in the law, that CIC can prioritise certain NOCs.

However, at this stage no. All NOCs are equally invited, just the score matters.

Dear Andy, I just received ITA for the Canadian FSW EE program. I am in a dilemma regarding which NOC to choose between 0122 and 6235. For over 3 years, I was responsible for evaluating and approving/rejecting retail loan applications in the bank where I work. Although I am not on a managerial level, I performed most of the duties listed in NOC 0122. My problem is that 0122 seems to refer to those who are on manager level. How do I resolve this challenge? My HR ref letter states my title as “retail risk analyst”, but I was actually a team lead. I need to put in my application soon please. Thank you.

You title has no impact. You can be called a Nuclear Manager but if you have accountants responsibility as per the references, then CIC will consider you as an accountant.

over 70% of duties have to match with the selected NOC and your reference letter, otherwise you might be refused.

1 Like