We are in the process of adding our newborn to our Express Entry application and I want to share the steps and the timelines with you all. I hope this may help you.
COPR Received: So we received golden email on 10/13/2020 while we were pregnant and due date was in December. We contacted IRCC by sending email to the ID that was in COPR passport request letter and informed them about our pregnancy situation and about the due date. At the same time we also raised WEBFORM and informed IRCC.
We received response from them saying that we dont have to send the passport as baby needs to be added first to the application. Then said that they are going to put our application on hold and gave us time until 13-Feb-2021 to submit baby’s documents.
- Processing fee for each accompanying child If your child will be accompanying you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $225 must be paid for their application. The payment of this fee must be made online: Go to our Online Payment webpage; Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed; Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence; Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee; Click “Submit”. Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.
- Forms Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008; Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406. If your child is aged 18 or older: A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your child; A completed and signed Additional Family Information IMM 5406 by your child.
- Documents Copy of your child’s birth certificate; Copy of your child’s valid passport*;
- Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
- If your child is aged 18 or older: Police certificate We require a police certificate for all countries where your child has lived for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after the completion of their stay in these countries. If your child needs a police certificate from the country where they currently live, it must have been issued in the last 6 months. **If you are unable to obtain the required police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, please submit a letter of explanation and proof that you have applied for the documents with the relevant authority.
- Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above. If they have already completed the medical exam, please submit a copy of the eMedical form via MyCIC.
- Updated Proof of Settlement Funds You must provide updated bank statements that provide proof of settlement funds for a family of three.
- Passport Photo You must provide a passport photo quality of your child.
Baby Arrived Last week of December 2020 baby arrived and immediately we started gathering baby’s document.
Nervous we wont have all docs by deadline While we already got baby’s Birth Cert, we were still waiting for passport. So on 5th Feb we informed IRCC about passport situation. We got the reply from them saying upload all the available documents by deadline and upload Letter of Explanation for passport requesting for extension.
Fortunate Fortunately in 13th Feb (last day) we received baby’s passport and we were able to upload all the requested documents on last day.
Baby’s name in myCIC On 15th Feb, we were able to see our baby’s name in myCIC account. On same day we received medical request form for our baby in myCIC.
Baby’s Medicals We completed baby’s medicals on 17th Feb. and on 19th Feb. myCIC profile said, medical passed. That was quick.
Now we are waiting. I am assuming as we already received our COPR once, IRCC wont take much time to review / process our newborn baby’s document and should reissue us with new COPR.