489 granted after 16th nov 2019, should stay in nominated state?

I was granted 489 visa on 20th November 2019. The state I received invitation from is Tasmania. Recently, I got some info stating that visas granted after 16th november 2019 can stay in any regional areas (not necessary the nominated state). Does anyone have any idea on this???

1 Like

I also heard the same thing but from some agent. I didn’t find this on immigration website.

You might be right. Priyabu…this is what I found on the official site

Postcode list

A list of postcodes that specify designated regional areas is available and applies to the following visas:

Regional visas:

• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)*#
  • Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
  • Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – designated regional areas only apply to visa holders nominated by a State and Territory government agency whose visa was granted after 16 November 2019. See other specified regions for the invited pathway and subsequent entrant pathway.

As per my knowledge U need to stay for a period of 2 years in the nominated state (Tasmania) after 489 grant then u can be able to apply for PR after living and working in the nominated state for 2 years. You can only change regional postcodes not state (Tasmania)