189 (Accountant General) 221111

Hi All, Below are my details: 189 Category: Accountant General No. of points: 65 Date of EOI: 12-Feb-16 Invitation: Still waiting (even after a year) 190 (NSW) Category: Accountant General No. of points: 65+5 (70) Date of EOI: 07-Oct-16 Invitation: Still waiting (even after 4 months) I want to know if I stand any chance of getting the invitation either in 189 or 190. Also, I heard from different forums that Accountant category is going to removed from the list for the year 2017-18 year. Is that true ? Could some one throw some light on this ? Also, I am planning to write my English language test again to improve my score to 20 points so that I can get 75 points overall for 189. I need a very honest advise whether I should give IELTS or PTE. I have already given IELTS thrice and the last time I scored S-8, L-8.5, R-8.5, W-7 Thanks very much in advance for your help. Regards, SG
1. it is difficult to get an invite based on your current points both for 190 as well as 189 since the occupation code is on pro rata and the points dont seem to be coming down 2. The occupation code is flagged which means it is under observation. it would totally dependent on the market research for next year. Flagged does not necessarily mean that the occupation code will be removed from the SOL 3. I would suggest that you buy some online mock tests for PTE and try those initially before going for it. IELTS is good to go with as you have been scoring well except the writing. concentrate more on your writing skills. 1. Always start the writing with 2nd question first it carries more points and it would take more time to complete that. 2. Make sure that you do not use very complicated words for which your spelling might go wrong as you must be aware it deducts points. 3. Try not to write long sentences coz if you do so you tend to stray away from the point you are trying to explain 4. try not using dont, wont, couldnt as at times one tends to forget the apostrophe which can cause demarking rather use do not, will not, could not etc. 5. Make sure you are careful to not to use mobile language like 'U' 'thru' etc
Definitely you will get 8 each in PTE. Best of luck