What stage??

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me what stage we are currently at with our application, i’m so confused!! We have an appointment booked for biometrics on the 28th December and also had our request to pay RPRF last week, I was surprised because we haven’t even passed eligibility yet!! I’ve attached a screenshot of our CIC account at the moment.

you are most likely in IP2, your AOR is in October?

See the sequence:

Post-submission stages: False IP2 - Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”

MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from “You do not need a medical exam.” to “You have passed the medical exam.” There is no email for MEP .

Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it’s been " updated " but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being “submitted”. Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.

Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - “In progress” 1: Background Check changes to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.” Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.

NA2 - “Not Applicable” 2: Background Check changes to “Not Applicable” again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email .

Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - “In progress” 2: Background Check changes to “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” No email .

NA3 - “Not Applicable” 3: Background Check changes to “Not Applicable” again after IP2 (uncommon).

Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.

PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends “Ready for visa” e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email , and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.

Thanks for the reply, our AOR was 2nd November, things seem to have progressed really quickly! When do you think we can expect PPR??

I am an inland CEC applicant (AOR 06/11/2020, MEP 20/11/2020). After MEP the background changed to IP. Could someone help me out if I am IP1 or IP2?

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

• November 20, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

• We do not need additional documents.

• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

• We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am an inland CEC applicant (AOR 06/11/2020, MEP 20/11/2020). After MEP the background changed to IP. Could someone help me out if I am IP1 or IP2?

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.