Visa Grant Delay 189

Let’s keep in mind not everyone is going to be getting a direct grant they can easily deny or ask for more info on any case they feel like so I feel like people need to stop speculating so much because it’s doing 2things 1 causing false hope and 2 causing unnecessary worry for others when reality is we don’t have a clue what’s going on they can do what they want when they want I know everyone’s on edge and just looking for a answer but the reality is no1 knows we just have to wait unfortunately we are 256 days in of waiting with no co contact no noting still on received we think we have every document needed in but we could wake up to a email requesting anything they like in the morn it’s completely in there hands!

2 Likes

Are you sure about the single applicants ratio and family applications ratio in this 13,434 data. My point is if what you’re stating is true, then the single applicants like me might get priority over family applications.Because it will have less paper work or documentations and less burden on the Australian economy. Don’t you think?

It’s a valid point that everyone lodged until Feb 2019 will not get a decision/grant on their case 100%. In such scenario, there might be a chance for the March and April applicants to get an update in this FY. However, it depends on how many grants are issued for NZ stream applicants.

Numbers always provide right info. so it’s nothing about creating unnecessary panic. It’s about creating awareness among the applicants so that they can focus on their daily life rather than putting their lives on hold for this visa.

We don’t have number bifurcating single and family applicants. So, no comments on that.

Is there an annual report that DHA publish containing all relevant information about grants and application on hand?

There is no annual report as such but you can check the latest disclosure logs at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/access-and-accountability/freedom-of-information/disclosure-logs/2019. I guess a MARA agent can submit his query to DHA and ask for relevant details under Freedom of Information (FOI) act. Below is the most latest and comprehensive report - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa-190601141-document-released.PDF

1 Like

In March 2019, the data is following: Primary applicants : 1438 Secondary applicants : 1398 Total applications : 2836

If we subtract the primary and secondary applicants we get (1438 - 1398) 40 applicants. This means there are 40 single applicants because with the secondary applicants(1398) there has to be equal number of primary applicants (1398) associated with it. And the number of single applicants (40) will have no secondary applicants linked with it.Just for the simplicity lets keep 1:1 ratio for primary and secondary applicants for each case.Now, is it correct understanding that are only 40 single applicants in the month of March this year?

there is another possibility, one primary applicant with 2 secondary applicants: spouse and child.

BTW, what’s your point of calculating single applicants?

Yes even then single applicant count could be in the range of 100-300 i would assume. The point is single applicant might get priority and grants before others. Since the count is far less as per data.

Can it be the other way ? Rather than spending time to clear a single application, they may clear 1 primary and associated 2 secondary - This way the backlog will come down quicker.

1 Like

Are we getting confused between the quota for 189 invites Vs 189 grants for the year 2019-20?does DHA tallies both at the end of financial year?

Hmm it can be. But logically DHA would pickup easier application with less paper work or documentation plus less pressure on tax payers money first i think.

I dont understand this logic ! How can there be less paper work for single applicant but more paperwork for the files with secondary applicants ? Infact, secondary applicant has to submit less paperwork then primary but that also cancels out because both have them have to show some documents to prove they are together. Secondly, do you think anybody there cares about less pressure on applicants? Thirdly, how can you say that secondary applicant is not a taxpayer ? That is presumptuous. Maybe the 3rd applicant who is a kid is not a taxpayer but the husband/wife ? Why not ?

In all fairness, it would make sense for them to stick to their first come first serve basis until Govt has made some policies which allows them to prioritize one over the other.

1 Like

Hey eddy, sorry missed it earlier. Do you want to drop your number and I will contact you tomorrow evening ?

well the fact is they may not even process it by submit date. Some occupation and country of origin seem to have more priority than others.

I am not gonna stress abput it anymore. My life will move on with or without this visa

1 Like

Exactly!!! Unfortunately India is low down in DHA’s priority list it seems…

One applicant - Single individual documents Multiple applicants - More than one individual documents

Also the single applicants will be working and contributing more to the economy as compared to dependent applicants. By the logic they might get priority.

I can see so many people on this discussion. I guess we should sign a petition :pleading_face:.

1 Like

This is my case. What do you guys think I should do? :frowning:

Multiple documents for Multiple applicants = Multiple Grants. Depends, if you have skilled dependents then both will be contributing to the economy, on the other hand single applicant does not necessarily mean that person will find job and contribute to economy. Department hopes that people will be employed but Finding a job is a whole different game altogether. :slight_smile: Anyways, i feel this cannot be a factor which determines there priority. There could be other factors though, which can contribute for their case assignment priority. ( i dont think even Visa agents would have clear answer to that , many a times I have seen them go Lazy on applicants once the fees is in their pocket )

Long story short, we can hardly guess these things and I hope all of us get out of this doubt zone soon. Singles or multiples, its equally important for all !!

2 Likes