Visa Grant Delay 189

Most likely they all got locked as this is a new scale and we had to fill in the test results for each band on EOI and their own system popped up the english level as superior.

Meaning the requirement was met at the time of invitation. This is an unexpected change after more than 2 years of getting the invitation for some whose applications are now on hold.

1 Like

Your answer makes sense.

sorry…not clear from your answer…is the new rule for PTE/language score calculation going to affect already lodged applications ?..if not, then really not interested in understanding what this new change is now

Yeah, I am also of the view that the lodged applications and already “received invitations” may not be affected by this change. This is consistent with the fact that if an occupation is expelled from occupation list for 189 visa, the lodged or invited applicants are not affected.

3 Likes

No, this will not affect to the already lodged applications because there is common sense when a law or new rules amended in the existing/present rules then they can only implement to the future applications as per law. So, don’t worry you will be treated according to the previous rules as per your date of invitation.

PTE has changed also format of test report after 19 may but i have lodged application before that with previous format. Should i have to submit the new format version of PTE report or previous version is also fine??

hang in there . I got the same s56 but pcc and medical together. And after that it still took them 6 months to approve the grant not to mention application lodged in sep 2018 . so, don’t loose hope and think you are the only unlucky one. Good luck

Thanks…so when did you receive this last s56 before the grant ?

I just came across my old HAP Id letter from an old file…the old and new HAP Id are same

april 2020

kindly update on immitracker too…

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.

Does anyone know, if this Covid-19 vaccine is going to change the 189 scene any time soon?

Even if it did, don’t expect the DHA to pounce on any changes anytime soon. They take their time. I was expected to get my grant March this year, and I am honestly not expecting anything for another 6 months at minimum.

I heard recently that ccl tests have been made online, but havnt done this test, till when is this online, any clue?

Direction 87 is now on disclosure logs below.

I don’t understand why they didn’t provide you with this when you requested it and see how they make it available.

Generic update statement from PTE/Pearson on their review of english marks -

We know that some of you have been worried about aspects of our Concordance Report, published below. We didn’t intend to confuse anyone so we hope that this message helps explain.

The report is about how the PTE scores align with IELTS scores. Nothing has changed to the PTE exam itself, how it is scored, or the scores that you need to achieve for your Australian, New Zealand and UK visas or for university admissions.

Your PTE test result is still valid and will not change. A candidate who scored 79 will continue to score a 79, their level of English Proficiency will remain the same.

We’d like to explain a little about the purpose of the Concordance Report – it is to enable Governments, Universities and professional bodies to see how we have updated our score ranges against IELTS bands.

It does not require them to make any changes or to take any action regarding your PTE test scores. For the majority of universities, where the test scores are typically set in the mid-range for academic admissions purposes, there is minimal change to the scores.

If universities, professional bodies, such as Nursing, or the Australian, New Zealand or UK governments decide to review their PTE Academic score requirements and make changes we expect this would happen over a period of months and years and that notice would be given if score requirements change so that everyone is aware and can prepare.

We hope this has clarified the purpose of our report. If you have the time, we do have more information and FAQS available below.

Yeah, Saw that a few weeks ago. I think it is quite obvious that those who have already applied or received an invitation should not be affected.

1 Like

I submitted a feedback suggesting DHA to enable Emedicals and allow the system to provide us with a new HAP ID number or waive this request to those who have already got medicals cleared, especially to those who have their medicals expired.

I encourage to everybody who feels this will help to speed up processing of their applications to submit a similar feedback as well.

This is in the hope that many requests of the same kind may be compelling for them to take the call.

Applicants waiting for over 18 months should do it as another CO contact to request this will stretch even longer waiting time.

I got a FOI response that clearly states applications within the priority occupations will be decided first regardless the date of their submission, so planning levels as well as this priority processing will definitely affect processing time for those outside this occupations list, meaning they don’t care if applications have been waiting already 2 years, they may need to wait more and adding to this to get contacted again to do medicals can see you waiting up to 3 years for a grant.

3 Likes

Really appreciate your effort, and Thanks a lot for sharing this @Cachito.

2 Likes