Visa Grant Delay 189

There’s a simple way to find out - I just put in an FOI for any document relating to the process by which they select applications from the unassigned pool for assessment by a case officer, including policies, departmental directions and ministerial directions. Since they’re a government department there would have to be a policy written down somewhere which says who gets selected for processing.

That’s brilliant. Well done.

Many thanks for letting us know.

Could you please keep us posted on their response?

This is a genius request. Well done mate. This should give further clarity.

Absolutely. I expect it will get dragged out a bit though, they’ve been fairly slow of late.

Yeh. It’s amazing to see that they are enforcing self imposed economic decline. I saw a freedom of information saying that in 2018-19 there were 405k student visa grants and 2.2m 600 subclass tourist visa Grants. It seems mad that they’re is no middle ground. Don’t understand why they don’t test people on entry and impose quarantine until they test negative.

It doesn’t matter. It seems these requests are being processed at a better pace though.

If you look at the most recent documents released, the cut off is June and they made them available in July. Not too bad compared to visa processing.

that’s quite weird that u havent heard anything till date. have u contacted DHA about that absence of activity in ur case?

Hi mates…hope u ol r fine…i hv heard that travel exemption can be applied even without a visagrant, and in critical care sectors , this travel exemtion can be bagged. Is it possible …if yes then how

Thanks in advance

There was a request for information for this. I think only 5k have been granted since March so the odds are low. I’ve read lots of news lpaper reports saying people with visas are still stuck out of the country

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/critical-skills-and-sectors#toc-2

Yes you can apply but as I said only 5k exceptions have been made in 6 months. This includes people who are on visas who have been rejected.

This indicates how bad it is

I’ve called them a million times, but they are just a call centre with same scripted reply for every caller. I’ve emailed them too. Infact, I’ve tried every possible way to contact them but no luck. It’ll be 21 months next week. They’res no accountability for this department whatsoever.

1 Like

@SamGeek is it all due to being offshore ?

Hey

Is there any news on this request ?

Hi All, I am in Australia and didn’t travel out side Australia, waiting for Grant.

Do I need to still renew my all Overseas PCC ?

Shall I have to proactively redo medical test ?

I am in the same situation but my advice is to wait for the CO to contact.

what i have heard from some agents is this that contacting dha rarely evolves into something positive for the applicant.

Hahaha it appears you haven’t been jaded yet to the speed of governments! As per earlier, I would not expect a response any earlier than 30 days after lodging it. These things are very slow.

I don’t think so. I was onshore from November 2018 till February 2020. Unfortunately I got locked out due to this pandemic, but this still doesn’t justify the radio silence for over 15 months while I was onshore. Pathetic

What a hopeless situation…lodged in Apr 2019 from offshore, still waiting for grant…1st time CO contact was s56 request for more information in mar 2020…they asked pcc again as old one was expired nowand i couldn’t get new one due to covid situation…explained this and submitted my response and when i finally got this pcc in aug 2020, uploaded the same…not sure how much more long wait lies ahead…i am offshore and not feeling optimistic